Apple or Android?

Apple or Android? Which one do you like more?

1 Like

Android all the way. I used to repair phones (as a legit job and as a side job in school), so Iā€™ve had a couple hundred different phones pass through my hands. Apple makes great products, but theyā€™re too ā€˜user friendlyā€™ for my tastes. You have a ton more freedom with Android.

5 Likes

I totally agree! Iā€™m a Android dude. You have so much more freedom with Android.

2 Likes

Apple is dramatically more secure, and their SoCs are 2x - 3x faster than Android.

Basically Qualcomm super sucks, and since every Android device uses the same old same old Qualcomm SoCsā€¦ they inherit the sucking.

The software part is pretty good these days with Android, but the hardware is super weak on Android from a security and perf perspective.

9 Likes

Android, hands down. I really enjoy the Android experience as a whole.

Apple is just tooā€¦

ā€˜user friendlyā€™ for my tastes.

2 Likes

Exactly!!! I donā€™t know why people say Apple is better than Android :disappointed_relieved:

tasteā€¦ like having your entire phone UI in Comic Sans? :rofl:

4 Likes

You can change the font

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not a fan of Apple products eitherā€¦

And also I donā€™t like how there are no back buttons on iPhones

Samsung galaxy s9+ is what Iā€™m using itā€™s an android and the #1 phone out at the moment.

2 Likes

why start arguing when they are all used for the same thing: browsing yoyoexpert forums

7 Likes

Personally, I preferred my old Motorola flip phone. It served the function of a phone superbly.

3 Likes

I liked my Windows Phone the best. Nokia 1020. Oh, wellā€¦

I have the S9+, and the Samsung junk really bothers me; stupid ā€œBixbyā€ button. I know you can turn it off, but I think you have to go through the sign up process first. I just donā€™t like the permissions!

Now it keeps giving me notifications to use my Samsung account. I donā€™t want to! Ugh, Iā€™m sure there are fixes, but I just donā€™t have time to research, so Iā€™m just constantly slightly annoyed.

If I do come up with the time, Iā€™ll probably root it, and install a custom ROM.

I know what you mean here, but iPhones are anything but user friendly to me. I donā€™t know what it is about them, but I donā€™t find them intuitive at all. Every time I have to do something on one, it seems like I get frustrated!

3 Likes

Itā€™s Rosemary, code :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had both Apple and Samsung for years. iPhone : 4, 5s, 6, 6s, 8plus, X and now XS max.

In between I blended in the Galaxy Note 3, a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge and a Samsung 8; just to get a better balance in experience of both android and iOS systems.

I gave my girl my Samsung 8. She loves it.

My iPhone XS Max is the best phone experience I have had since I got my first cellphone in 1994.

Butā€¦ I am not an Applehead. I have never ever considered getting a MacBook. My laptop and desktop are both Lenovo.

But for cell; Apple IPhone for the win. Not perfect but best for me.

I donā€™t think one is better than the other. I think the functionality that fits your individual needs; dictates which works best for you.

2 Likes

The ā€œBackā€ buttons are usually at the top left corner of the app window. :grin: Thatā€™s actually one thing I loathe about android and the majority of the android phones in general. Swipe to go back is so much more satisfying (and fluent) than having to reach down to press or tap on a physical button just to go back to a previous page view. I know many apps also have the arrow at the top on Android, but itā€™s inconsistent. The physical buttons on some phones are on a different side than another one, thatā€™s always fun to remember which is which on each phone.

This is one of the things that has kept me from fully switching. The UX in iOS, with itā€™s controllers are just more refined and itā€™s integrated consistently throughout the OS. On Android, itā€™s a mix of gesture support, non gesture support - to requiring you to press physical (or haptic) buttons, even if the apps have the exact same interfaceā€¦ Granted, the button serves itā€™s function across all apps, Iā€™m just not a fan of having to press that button at the bottom of the phone. It takes away from the experience and it takes more time to initiate contact with that button.

Thereā€™s a ton of stuff that I like about Android though and thereā€™s a fair amount of stuff that I really dislike about iOS and the iPhone (like not having a home button or headphone jack on the latest models!) They both have their strengths and weaknesses. So I donā€™t want to come off as an Apple fanboy. I really like the customization options that Android offers. Being able to define the grid on the home screen is nice and the ability to skin it how you want is also very appealing. I think itā€™s one of the reasons why people prefer to go the Android route. Itā€™s enticing for sure.

1 Like

I use android cuz the phone was the cheapest option available. As long as I can do YouTube, spotify, audible, make calls, and text, i donā€™t really care what device I do it on.

1 Like

Google has been experimenting with removing or minimizing the weirdo dedicated screen buttons. If you have used a new iPhone the ā€œfull front face screenā€ is definitely the way to go. No buttons are needed with faceid!

2 Likes