Anyone heard from @chrisdoc145

My condolences go out to @ThrowButcher and @Evan_the_yoyo_boy karma will come back around and pat you on the back somehow or someway :slight_smile:

I reiterate my statement above - those with LESS feedback should ALWAYS ship first!

7 Likes

@chrisdoc145’s posts and replies at least, according to me being completely independent from this, seems like he’s not the type to intentionally scam someone, especially yo-yoers. His medical condition is quite serious and I know words are free but he only brought good vibes and comments to this board.

I made a trade back in 2009, and the guy didn’t reply to my messages for 2-3 weeks. I made a similar post like this one calling him out, and he wrote back to me a week later saying he was overseas serving in the military without any way to communicate. I am grateful he served, but he could have sent me a message before heading overseas. He did eventually send me the yo-yo (purple YYF Skyline that was my fav yo-yo for like 6 years), and all was good.

Also to add some ‘value’ to this post, back in 2002 I met up with the well-known BST accused yo-yo ‘trade-no trade’ guy. Not gonna give any more details here because 1) I never traded with him so I don’t know the validity of the claims and 2) if they were true, I believe people change and if he still yo-yo’ed today that’d be cool. I didn’t know him beforehand, but we wanted to meet up and yo-yo cuz that’s what yo-yoers do lol. We threw for a while, he was a decent guy to me and he took the time to meet up with me too, which I appreciated. I did end up asking him about the claims against him for not sending stuff. I didn’t understand his response, it felt like ‘misdirection’ so the words of many stood against the word of one. I also wasn’t going to try to take the yo-yos he had since that would make me just like how he is being accused. I also wasn’t sure which ones he bought and which ones were traded. Not sure if people ever got their yo-yos back. If the claims are true and he did change his ways, then for me as an independent party, I hope he’s on here and still throwing - and if he is on here then send me a message and say hey! Would be happy to hear what’s new with ya. Come out to our yo-yo meetings too. He’d probably be really good too if he kept at it :sweat_smile:

To resolve this issue, I propose we set up an Escrow service for the BST - with me being the Escrow so that I can try all the yo-yos before sending them out

7 Likes

Wait! Something doesn’t make sense! If you go to his profile page (click this —> @Chrisdoc145), you can see that he was last online February 10th, but yet his last post was 15 hours ago. How could make a post but not be online?

3 Likes

I wondered that myself…

4 Likes

Odd. I wonder if it’s a change to one of his posts (maybe made by the software) that causes that. @codinghorror what’s the scoop?

2 Likes

Replying via email can cause that.

3 Likes

Did you guys try contacting him via Facebook? His profile is easy to find if you search his post history. Looks like he just posted about some strings he received yesterday.

8 Likes

Nah, cuz thats not the point. The premise of accountability should be enough to keep folks on the up and up… When it isnt, the only option I see is to put person on blast. I mean, c’mon, its YOYOS man, yoyos.

5 Likes

If putting him on blast is your intent, doing so on FB (bigger audience) may yield better results.

3 Likes

I just want to know why someone would scam someone on a $15 yoyo :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

This dude is reminding me of @Lorenzo1997. Remember him? He was a scammer. Chrisdoc is saying the same exact thing that the scammer said.

3 Likes

Well…if the point is getting your yoyo and/or letting people know to watch out for the guy, I agree with @Apadil1. :wink: The Facebook BST is really active, so I would call him out there. I mean, he’s posting on Facebook daily so he’s definitely around.

I know the Facebook BST has a ‘naughty list’ (aka scammers). Do we here?

5 Likes

Had an issue with a Yoyo website… placed an order and didn’t hear anything for over a month, despite phone calls and emails. Made a couple of comments on FB, guy got back to me 2 days later.

8 Likes

Well here’s where I show my age a bit: I’m not a user of FB. Never have been. I believe my wife made a page for me, however I doubt there’s anything on it. It just never appealed to me, and seeing how folks get ‘glued’ to social media, especially with my tendency to become addicted, just seemed like a bad idea to me.

7 Likes

I made a Facebook solely for the throwers group, check it once every 3 days, it has been quite helpful, if you don’t friend too many people then you won’t be flooded with notifications.

4 Likes

I might give it a shot then, thank you kind sir.

2 Likes

lmao no action till he’s put on blast? go for it @ThrowButcher @Evan_the_yoyo_boy

get your mans!!!

4 Likes

Nah man that’s not what I meant. Read my other posts in this thread. All I meant by that statement was that I wanted to let others in this forum know what happened; Im not gonna go after him because, if he couldnt follow through on these trades, then he obviously has much more important, pressing issues concerning his life if this trade stuff was a problem. Like he needs to do some soul searching, or we need to be praying for him because he’s in critical condition.

4 Likes

Seems like nowadays, there is no greater pressure than social media shaming, hahahaha.

4 Likes

You’re a good person for wanting to believe that its something beyond his control. Unfortunately, people will sometimes disappoint you by just being dirt bags.

5 Likes