Anyone heard from @chrisdoc145

Well, I did just come back from the VA with my monthly haul of Xanax, so that ‘medication’ usually softens my heart a bit. And, tbh, I was kind of a monster when I came home in '08 after my final tour of duty. To the point where my parents kicked me out after 10 days of staying with them because, and I quote: “You are not the son we raised, we do not feel safe with you in our home.” Keep in mind I was their only child. So for me to pass judgement on someone else would be highly hypocritical.

9 Likes

“everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle that you cannot see”

9 Likes

I feel ya brother… coming home can be hard. I tried the VA route for a couple of years, but pills and half-hearted therapy was not the answer for me. Most folks who haven’t chewed the same dirt can’t understand that you/we are, in fact, different people.

With that said, it still doesn’t excuse people for being scum. It is no judgement on your part to call it like it is.

Regardless, keep your head up warrior. Your friends and family are your greatest assest… don’t be afraid to utilize them. At the very least, you got this devil dog in your corner! OOHRAH!

7 Likes

Thanks bro, btw who were you with? I was 3/75 Rgr BN, had a squad leader who was fmr Marine, and did some joint ops with the Recon Raiders among others.

5 Likes

94-00 1st RN BN. Trained with a bunch of your brothers when I got my wings at Benning.

6 Likes

My brother got his wings at Ft. Benning. I’ve been surveying streams just outside of Ft. Benning all week. Crazy hearing mortars and machine gun fire nearby all day!!

7 Likes

My favorite part was when the wind was just right, you could literally smell the ordinance.

8 Likes

Hey everyone, I wanted to say I’m sorry I have been MIA, and to @Jtho0ct, we did a trade and I wasn’t able to full fill my end when i was supposed to, I messed up the address first time, then I had a death in my family, a few other things that are personal, I bought him a brand new you,instead of giving him mine, I’m not trying to make excuses,I messed up, even with everything that was going on this month I could have dropped it off, I am truly sorry to you @Jtho0ct and everyone else, never meant to cause any trouble

14 Likes

4 Likes

As I have said for ‘years’ on this Forum and any other Forum I have been on in the last 20 years.

Everybody eventually screws up. It was just your turn.

No doubt there will be at least a few people that won’t even care about your apology. They will say you apologized because you had to.

But you didn’t have to.

Screwing up is ‘negative 1’. Saying you are sorry is ‘positive 1’.

As long as you square up your transactions; you should be good to go.

Welcome back…:nerd_face:

14 Likes

Yes, I agree with @yoyodoc and I always thought you were 100% :cool:

5 Likes

Yay! Most of us believed in you from the start.

4 Likes

Hoping this one got resolved too?

6 Likes

Just wanted to thank those of you who have served. I for one appreciate the hell out of the duty you guys took on for me and the rest of this country. Thank you

7 Likes

I knew there had to be more than “hey I think I’ll scam this dude out of a $10 yoyo” …

7 Likes

Just to ask, is your phone rooted? The clock font is not the default one.

2 Likes

Nah, I used to root my Android devices, no need to anymore with Nova launcher and kwgt

4 Likes

I want to root mine, but I’m scared I brick mine. And even if I root it successfully, some apps won’t work ( Snapchat, Pokemon go, etc).

2 Likes

And we thank you TeeJay. Honestly.

4 Likes

I appreciate it brother.

But I’m no hero. I don’t like to brag, but I did serve two tours as the head of my Jr. Cub Scout’s arts and crafts platoon. Got a purple heart patch when I got a wicked paper cut making macaroni pictures. Made a full recovery fortunately

I think you guys might have a leg up on me though. Or two…

5 Likes