Anyone else's family hate yoyos?

its better than being obsess with computer and video games is it ??? ???

Yes that is true. :wink:

1 Like

my parents don’t mind, as long as i dont spend a ton of money on all my yoyo’s…and they dont care because school is my top priority…

My mom gets annoyed

When I saw this I almost choked. I could never take a break from my yo-yoing!!
I’m addicted

Trust me taking a break helps. When I first got into yoyoing landing a trapeze was amazing. I quit after all my friends stopped yoyoing. Then in 2010 (about 2 years later) I saw Jensen’s bac freestyle and picked up my old yoyos and could some how land tricks I had never landed. In 08 trapeze was near impossible and in 2010 I was doing double or nothings on the first day. Somehow my hiatus helped me.

My parents used to hate it but they have slowly grown to accept it. My sister still hates it. My family still says I should grow up but I never spend money on new video games. I just got a free xbox(original version not 360) and will most likely just leave it in my room along with a free tv I got(we were emptying a building and found it) and maybe use it a couple of times a month. I occasionally spend some money on yoyos. I spend waaay more money with my girlfriend. I don’t think spending money with my girlfriend is childish

I dont know why most people think that yoyo is just for kids. ??? ???

1 Like

I tell them the same thing about video games. All my uncles spend a TON of money on videos games, and spend almost whole days sitting on the couch. I don’t think that’s growing up

Well they are right as far as it being for kids. However, regardless of how old you are you need to release the kid in yourself. It’s a side of adulthood that people feel they need to stifle. To stifle the kid in oneself, is like choosing to live in self imposed prison. The trick, the balance is to encourage the kid side to be happy and creative, enjoying simple things, while still taking care of the day’s business.
Why would anyone choose to remove happiness from life? Unfortunately to many people do just that!

You guys are cracking me up!

I am 53 and have starting throwing more seriously. I can relate to everything you’re saying.

My family is terrified when I throw! They kind of clear the room which is kind of neat
when I need some space… :slight_smile:

My daughter plays the piano. My son plays the guitar. No one runs when they jam.
Why should they when I get out my string instrument! :slight_smile:

Too funny!!!

BTW – I refuse to “grow up”.

i am about to be 27 and I am married, when we go to family dinners or anything family related I always take one in my pocket… most of the kids know I yoyo and they all gather around me to watch and then ask me to use it, and I always keep a plastic lol.

When I first started I let everyone know that I yoyo … specially when i drove two hours to check out a contest.

Anyways one day of the kids father told me that I should put my mind else where and not waste my time because once I have kids It will be over, I told him that if and when I do have kids … I will teach them how to yoyo and we will be one big yoyo family :slight_smile: I don’t think he liked that answer but …

I kind of stopped showing them how obsessed I am lol also I took a little break, and slowly getting back into it.

Now I don’t take my yo-yos with me when I go to family things, I just yoyo on my own… i just choose to ignore them…

some people don’t like to see others happy …

most are just jealous that you are so happy doing something you love …

ignore the haters!!! ;D

Haters gonna hate, yoyoers gonna yo!

hahaha yess!!!

My family has grown on me throwing. But some of my piers don’t think it’s “cool” to yoyo. But I do it anyways. :slight_smile:

Love that “haters gonna hate yoyoers gonna yo” !!!

1 Like

The stupid thing is, why aren’t other sports considered childish? Skateboarding, baseball, why aren’t those recreational activities ever considered “childish”?

Finally someone understands my point of view!!!

When I told my mom I was opening a yoyo webshop, we didn’t talk for months. Now that it’s open and she sees that I’m shipping packages everyday, it’s a different story.

And the are very dangerous. kateboarding and biking in particular. My friend was doing a transfer the other day while biking and fell and broke six bones in his face and has been in an induced coma for 4 days now.