Anyone else want CLYW to make a plastic?

Delrin does cost more than aluminum in bar stock. If only by a little bit.

Delrin is way easier to machine due to it’s self lubrication properties and it being softer.

Delrin doesn’t usually get bead blasted and can’t be anodized. These add quite a bit to the price on an aluminum yoyo.

That’s intriguing.

meat would be good donuts would be better

thats it a yoyo made out of donuts

Delrin aside, the problem with mould injected plastic is the cost of having a mould made. If you follow the toy world at all, you start to understand why old toy moulds linger on the market for so long. It’s crazy expensive.

Personally, I’d rather see a nice wood CLYW.

Derlin gnarwhal… I would love that.

Something similar to the “SPYY, Eh”

I still like my idea for donuts

I agree with this i honestly can’t afford a clyw but i would love to throw one a 70-85 dollar throw would be nice

Still waiting on a extream shaped wood throw, cherry wood with polished brass weight rings in the igr…beautiful image xfgxfgnhnhxfcbxfgvbv ;D i want one.

Cheers,

100% agreed. Wood is good.

This made me chuckle heartily

:open_mouth: my eyes widened!

…SSsssss…

Yeah, for some reason I’m feelin’ a mid sized for a delrin, too. :slight_smile:

Why ? Before you ask the question should CLYW make a plastic throw, maybe you should ask the question can CLYW bring anything new to the under 25.00 plastic yoyo ?
The you should also maybe consider that the only way this can be done economically is in China, and shipped over here.
Plastic is a petrol product, so unless you can buy in mass bulk, petroleum products to make plastics are very pricey these days.
I really cannot see small runs of plastic yoyos being feasible.
The likely option is having someone like Adegle, or Magic YOYO manufacture the yoyo in China and ship it here. This is already done by YYF and many other manufacturers.

Again, you might as well just buy a Magic YOYO, straight from China, same quality same same same, you can write CLWY on it with a magic marker, and it can be your Magic CLYW budget throw.
Seems kinda like people think CLYW should make a plastic throw just for the sake of doing it ?
If they can bring something new to the table then I am 110% for it, that is how progress is made.
But if its just to sell a bunch of CLYW plastic yoyos, why cheapen the name, start a new brand, an offshoot of CLYW, Chris would sell just as many yoyos, all people would need to know is its a sister company to CLYW
Just a thought.

I don’t see how the 25 dollar price tag came to be. Is that a prerequisite for success?

I can’t imagine Caribou Lodge ever making a molded plastic. Ever. I agree that it would cheapen the brand. Delrin would be the way to go.

Also, having an offshoot for cheaper models seems odd. Everyone would know that it’s still Caribou Lodge. EDIT: Who in their right mind would give up their selling point, being Caribou Lodge and all, to assume the guise of an unrelated or otherwise seperate company? Especially with something as risky as making plastics. Furthermore, that’d only sweep the “cheapening the Caribou name” predicament under the rug.

hmm…

it could be lady gaga’s signature throw :smiley:

Hahahahahaha

We should all ask Mr. Mikulin to make delrins

A CLYW plastic would probably be the most amazing yo-yo. Next to the Protostar in its greatness.

delrin is a kind of plastic