Anyone else want CLYW to make a plastic?

I dunno. I think Caribou could pull off a plastic.

It’d most likely be delrin, since they wouldn’t have to change a whole lot in terms of production. Molds for a polycarb are expensive.

clyw and 3yo3

I was thinking the same thing. Delrin is a much more viable option. However, I don’t see that equating to costs being dropped.

If they are going to go that route, they might as well go with tubes or pucks or discs or whatever pre-done in the desired colorways.

I think a polycarbonate would be the best way to go if they intend on making a large enough run to get the price per unit reasonable. CLYW’s business model has appeared to be based around limited quantities. A plastic would need to be a mass-market numbers kind of item.

Haha yeah I posted that a little while ago in the collab thread.

what i find really funny is that i made the collab thread and then 2 seconds after i posted that i went on to my thread and saw what you posted

Lol that’s awesome

:wink:

ive never gotten a chance to try CLYW, so them making a $50 plastic, or even metal would be cool! (and omg a legend posted above me omg!)

i hope im not the only one who gasped when i saw this

lol no!

I personally like the idea of CLYW staying with high end metals exclusively. It doesn’t really matter to me that much, but in my opinion it would dilute the brand image. That’s fine for big companies that can justify being all over the market because they move tons of volume anyway, but there’s something at stake for a smaller company like CLYW. The fact of the matter is people are just usually willing to pay more if they believe that the brand is exclusive.

But besides that, the reason why people like CLYW is because they make great playing and great looking high end metals. That’s where the enthusiasm comes from. So, I’m not really sure what is gained by having a CLYW branded, cheaper plastic. Sure, you have a CLYW, but it’s not one of the core models that make the brand so alluring.

Ohhh maaaaayyyneee a potential collab in the worx!!! YYF Whip x CLYW Chief ohhh maaaaaayyynnee!!!

A YYJ/CLYW collab where you have a metal/plastic yoyo with metal inner rims would be cool.

[quote=“stookie,post:31,topic:41659”]
Totally agree, though I think a delrin throw would be acceptable as I find the quality can match metals and feels quite classy. CLYW would still have do something different to set it apart from all the other delrin throws around and justify the undoubtedly higher price tag.

I think instead of plastic they should look into some other material that hasn’t been done to death.

Like meat?

1 Like

Magnesium

Chris wants to do one but he just cant right now i had a whole conversation with him about it

I would much rather them make a budget metal like a dv888 except better

you guys dont understand the delrin ways and how hard it is to machine it ( OneDrop machines CLYW yoyos) and how expensive the cost of delrin is to metal, believe it or not, delrin costs more, and its a cool idea for CLYW but i dont know how much the community will like and or buy it (like the albino maxbet and albino leviathan)