anybody exercise?

I’m 27 and I still work out everyday, nothing major just sit ups, push ups, and a quick jog in the morning before my kids get up. At your age, you could be lifting every day. Take advantage of your schools gym. It a lot easier to stay in shape than it is to get in shape. You’ll want to be in shape later in life, because your body starts sucking.

You’d be fine lifting weights at your age. Just don’t do a lot of weight. Low weight, high reps. Won’t stunt your growth and will get you nice and lean for the summer.

I am 15 and I do martial arts. Because of this, my main training methods involve body weight exercises. A huge amount of plank and push-up variants, and well as squats and squat thrusts for the lower body. This is complemented by heavy bag drills (I.E 20 punches, 10 turning kicks, 10 push-ups, repeat as fast as possible for 1 minute). It is a lot of fun. It has also sent my endurance through the roof. I used to be able to do maybe 20 push-ups, and now I am at 50, pushing 60 (I always try to go up by 10, idk why). Also, I play tennis.

I thought I was the one of the few that goes to martial arts. Which martial that you go? I went to taekwondo for about 7 years and I have 2. Degree Black Belt. I didn’t go to taekwondo for this year because our educatiob system is f*cked up and it has long and hard study besides school and a buffed up national exam that has 2 parts. It is so picky that about 1.7 million student enters this 2 part exam and only about 360 thaousand student gets college education. And I will be in that exam group next year. So wish me luck if you want.

P.S I meant all of the readers of this post by “you”.

I got to MMA/Karate training 3-4 evenings a week. Being doing it off and on for 10 yrs or so. Still got a little pudge belly- but i like sweets so…oh well.

so liek do you guys liek hockey? like srsly…

Hate hockey.

So I think im going to start lifting. Not like power lifting, not the heaviest I can do, just lifting. For example, if the most I can lift is 10 pounds, ill be lifting about 8.
I started today by just doing a full body, including curls,dumbbell press,skull crushers,24’s,shoulder press, and some others.

I want to look better next summer :slight_smile: I think im going to make a weekly routine.

It’s rewarding! Also keep in mind that if you lift your maximum it’s a great way to track your own progress. It’s sometimes hard to see your progression with larger sets as opposed to heavier weight

I used to powerlift. I destroyed my adrenal system by overtraining. I had a monster squat. Could easily do 415 pounds for 3 sets of 8. My deadlift (sumo style) was smaller than my squat (365 for reps) and my bench was pathetic (260 for reps). I never did cleans or other Olympic style lifts. I did abbreviated training, worked out at home with a power rack and free weights. I really loved it. Now I just hit the Water Rower 3 times per week, and do intervals.

that was some kind of machine right? I’d bet you couldn’t do half that with free weights. A 600 pound 1 rep max squat is HUGE!

I have joined a few traditional gyms with regular equipment, big weights and machines, in the past, but I didn’t like them. I prefer a boxing gym, where you hit the various bags, hit the mitts, spar with someone in headgear, jump rope, run and that kind of stuff. The last gym I went to closed, and I have not joined another. I have a treadmill at home, so I do that once in a while. Because it’s Summer, it’s a busy season at work anyway, so no need to join now.

I get untraditional exercise. I use a reel mower to cut the grass at home. My neighbors were laughing at me at first, two years ago, cause they thought I’d need some gas or electricity to get the job done. I have the best looking lawn on the block and I’m pouring with sweat by the time I finish pushing that thing around. Now…that’s a workout.

Reel mowing is an awesome way to go if you want a manicured lawn, and the side benefit of the workout. All the big pro sports stadiums use reel mowers (although on the backs of tractors) as it does a better job with the grass. More like scissors. Less like a machete.

Exactly. All the golf courses use them. Well… they can sit on theirs and ride along, but it’s the same mechanism under there :wink: That mower, combined with the right fertilizers, and watering, has yielded great results. I have to admit that I don’t always “feel” like cutting my lawn, but when I’m all done, and have gotten some exercise, I feel much better. It relaxes you like any other workout. Also, I don’t pick up the clippings all the time…sometimes I do, sometimes not. When I decide to pick them up, if they are too big, for example, I rake the whole yard to gather them up. Mowing and then doing that is twice the workout :smiley: I don’t do that very often though. But, if you have a yard, there’s plenty to do to get a workout in…that’s for sure. But, it’s worth it, because in the end…you have a nice throw space. ;D

Gees bruh, 14 and lifting? Could I just asked how tall are you? Cuz its not preferlaby healthy to start doing weights at a such as young age cuz your going to still be growing, Lifting now could affect your growth spurt. Football, joggin and biking is great though.

Im 14 and Im a high performance athlete for National and international taekwondo. Doing High performance, you think HP sparring training wouldn’t need a lot for the body. Doing HP I need to be on strict diet, with proper nutrition’s follow up I do a lot of general prep, with stretching, a lot of conditioning and intense drills, More the less of use of weights I do more like speed drills such as ladder runs, conditioning would be with intense push up drills or partner reverse bench press.

Steez bruh, I haven’t come upon so many taekwondo people on the forums. Your from turkey? Id me mad jealous if you train with servet

14 is actually around the age where it’s safe to start lifting. I’m around 5 feet 7 inches, already taller than my older brother and both my parents.

I’m 14 and I actually can’t lift weights because I have some heart condition that doesn’t allow me to over exert myself

But I run and I have tried a couple of those workout DVD things
And honestly, judging by the amount of food I eat, I should be super fat, but I’m not

Don’t worry, all teenagers eat a lot…including me ::slight_smile:

It seems like running would be more exerting than lifting. Or at least it is for me