anybody exercise?

I mean I can’t like strain my muscles like lifting heavy things

hmm I was told 16 was the safe age to lift, but ignorance is bliss. OH YEE, but you never know like weight have been scietifely proven to make you shrink if to early to lift

It wasn’t with weights, it was with people, that we calculated out to be 1200. BRUTAL

I can’t tell if you’re serious or if you’re being yourself.

Okay guys, I need help from you fitness gurus. I’m getting ready for track season, and right now, I’m mainly doing cardio stuff. I run at least 5 times a week, at least 2 miles per outing. Now, I figure I need to do some strength training. Any advice on certain workouts? What weights should I be using? I assume you want to focus on the muscle groups located on your leg? You guys seem to know what’s up, so I figured I’d ask you. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I won’t help the most, but whatever

I’d do some squats, lunges, and stuff for your legs. But I would also do some shoulder workouts. I find my shoulders hurt from going back and fourth. I’d just do some full body workouts, to get BUFF!lol

If you’re a runner, you’d want to focus more on legs. Do low squats, calf raises, dumbell lunges, and maybe a few hang cleans and deadlifts. Hamstrings, quads, and calves are very important in running. You’ll also need a stronger core and a strong upper body. For the core, good mornings, crunches, Russian twists, and Romanian deadlifts are all great exercises. For Upper body, bench press, incline press, and bicep curls and tricep dips too. Traps are important too. Do dumbbell shoulder shrugs every now and then. Remember, since you won’t be going for mass, do high reps with low weights. This helps with your endurance and stamina, as well as toning your muscles. For example, if your max is around 200 for squat, do around 100 for around 15 to 20 reps for 4 sets with a 30 second rest interval in between. It may feel easy at first, but you start feeling it at the third or fourth set. I could bench 155 for 15 reps easily, but if I were to attempt multiple sets of the same amount of reps, my fatigue would take over probably midway into the third set.

1 Like

This is real talk.

Uhhhh mt chest and arms! Im so sore! But it’s cool

Okay guys, my bicep routine is just curls :frowning: I do wide grip,close grip,normal grip, and 24’s. Are there any more bicep workouts? ??? ???

Curlups. Isolated single-arm curls while sitting. Reverse curlups. Cable assisted gunshow curls. Curl machines.

It depends on what equipment you’re working with. What kind of gym do you go to?

Oh, I work out at home
I have dumbbells,a curl bar. Its not much but I can do a lot with that :wink: somebody recommended hammer curls, I remember I used to love those, but forgot about them :(. Don’t those work the other muscle on your arm too? Not the tricep, I forgot the name… :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe you’re thinking of your brachialis. Synergist to the biceps. I highly recommend working triceps if you’re training biceps. If you don’t work both, you’ll arms will start to develop that gorilla-esque look.

That is what I was thinking!
I do work triceps. I work every muscle, except for abs, I work those occasionally.