Any North Carolina throwers

I live in the Charlotte area and I have never mete a yoyoer in my life and iv been yoyoing for a year and a half and I would just like to meet some another yoyoer. and even if you live in upstate South Carolina we could still meet up

I’m in Davidson.
There are a bunch (ok a handful) of players in the triangle who are online, and a small number around here. I ran a club in Huntersville for a few years, but it kinda fizzled since most of the players were traveling way too far for it. Statistically, there are prob a few in the area, but I rarely see em. There are some upstate SC players.

3 Likes

Organizing yo-yo players is a little like getting dead baseball players together. The best way to do it is start your own club, post it on the social media things, and wait.
If you start a meet, they will come, at least some of them…sometimes.
I asked the owner of the Science Safari here in Cary to let us hold a yo-yo club there once a month. At the time, it was an idea that I had discussed with two other players on this forum, one of whom never did show up, but folks have been there every time for a few years now. Not always the same folks, but there are core people that usually show up. You will have to reach out with Facebook and stuff like that because you have to cast a pretty wide net to find a group of enthusiasts that will actually show up.

5 Likes

to be pacific live in Gastonia which is 45 minutes away from davidson

But if you build it, they will come.

4 Likes

I have thought of starting a yoyo club

the only problem is were to start a club

You don’t have to start big. I like creature comforts so I asked a person that owned the store where I bought some of my yo-yos. You could also do an outside venue, but it is a lot harder in NC if you don’t like getting very…warm.
Stores like Learning Express will sometimes allow you a space you throw and you get the benefit of their store promotions.

2 Likes

ok I have thought of finding a store that sold good yoyos

They don’t have to be good yo-yos, they still want to sell them.

1 Like

like even if thay sold just butterflies then that would be good with me the only thing is that there si no toy store that i know of

YOOOOOO I live in Cary. Why haven’t I heard of this club before? I would like to come by if you guys are still around. I’ve been throwing for the last 2.5 years and I have so far only met like 3 other throwers ever.

1 Like

Still around. You must be the only person in Cary that hasn’t heard of the club, it’s a pretty big deal. Third Saturday of the month, 4-6 pm.
Actually it isn’t a very big deal at all, I don’t know why i wrote that.

1 Like

I’m in Mint Hill and I have a friend in Charlotte that throws too. If there was a yoyo club nearby, we would most likely attend.

2 Likes

Hi from W-S!

2 Likes

are you for real that just what need to know that there a person that throws neer me

I am, as you say, for real. If we had a yoyo club to go to, my friend and I would likely make it a point to go.

2 Likes

Late to this but I’m in Mooresville, a little bit north of Charlotte

2 Likes

dude thats great, the yoyo club we’ve got going has been shut down because of covid, but I would love to get a small group going with people who feel safe to meet up

1 Like

NC Chuckers, @T4t3z0r88 is one of the cool cats to contact

1 Like