Any Musicians Out There??

I honestly don’t know, have you considered something related to pop culture today like an excerpt from game of thrones or that movie frozen?

Yes! I was actually thinking of doing Rather Be by Clean Bandit because of the violin intro. I was thinking of mashing the intro and the ending together for a less than 1 minute excerpt

The thing is many kids don’t really know about the classical and baroque era of music. There are many violin parts made during the past musical eras that are really amazing. While more modern music is fun to play many times people forget about the solid basics that are taught and showcased in the older styles…

I play ragtime alot and you would be surpised how many people know about the entertainer but after that their ragtime knowledge ends forgetting even about maple leaf rag which is probably another one fo the most famous… Also do they even remember who wrote most of the ragtime songs? probably not.

In the story the education of Hyman Kaplan ( great book btw) kaplan talks about his teacher always hearing about stories are what people want to do in their life… so he decides he is going to think and show his teacher that he can think…

So consider that… most elementary kids have a very base knowledge of classical music… go search for something truly great in that genre and show them what its really all about… its not just bach or mozart… there is more to be found…

this is just my opinion… choose what you want and go for it.

1 Like

It might sound corny but try “Turkey in the Straw”.
Of course the best I could do with a violin was to play a few scales.

Thank you for the suggestion Alecto~! :slight_smile: I will take this into consideration

ooh i had forgotten about jigs and irish music… thats always a big hit… especially when you can play it faster…

Hahaha thanks for the suggestion; although, I forgot to mention that I believe these children are 3rd graders so you can take that into consideration. Thank you

That sounds fun to play! I also forgot to mention the skill I can play at. I’m equivalent to a musician in college even though I’m in high school so I can play anything from Capriccio Espagnol, Op. 34 by Rimsky-Korsakov to any movie score such as Star Trek!

then you should be able to do jigs, celctic, and good ol western music… which i think will be a hit.

Guitar and drums are what kept away from Yo-Yos during a good majority of 2012-2013 and entirely during 2014. Just got back into throwing this year, and now I’m trying to juggle practicing all three skills.

Yo-yoing is similar to drumming and guitar because on all 3 you have to work on your rhythm.

Me too haha I have been focusing on music more because its what I want to pursue

I broke my dominant hands wrist and now I can’t play any instruments for a month :weary:

I play two instruments, yoyo, game with friends and still have time for a life…it’s called time management.
If I can do it you can too…

Been meaning to pick up a Bass for quite a while now in addition to my many guitars. I (kind of) sing too. I like playing prog rock/metal, and listen to most genres of rock and quite a few metal genres.

I picked up bass rn because I can play it with my broken wrist in the meantime because I can play guitar or anything else for that matter. I also play progressive/melodic metal and djent

I play electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, tambourine and weird noise makers. Not very well but with plenty of volume 8)

Weird noise makers lol. I wonder if there are any professionals :slight_smile:

me and a friend tonight sat at a piano and wrote part of a song… unfortunately neither of us wrote the music down… and im moving next friday and probably wont see him again.