Any Musicians Out There??

I am no longer professional but I either made my living or supplemented it for many years. I bet you could find a lot of us on this site.

Iā€™m Picking up bass clarinet! super excited! Now i can sound super low and awesome!

I just picked up a loop pedal for my guitar for song writing purposes!! Iā€™m getting a new trombone on Saturday!

hahahah but I all seriousness bass clarinet sounds amazing it has a nice low sound.

Itā€™s very soothing imo. I just love its deep tone :slight_smile:

If I were to play a lower string, it would be a cello because itā€™s relatively the same feeling :smiley:

I play French horn and piano

aah another hornistā€¦ whats the brand name of your horn and the model of itā€¦ also what mouth piece do you use.

Played a lot at the start of college. Went to record an album, had a small contract in the works with a small indie startup. In the end we all went in different directions and decided against it. It was cool for a while but pursuing it as a realistic career wasnā€™t as much fun as I thought it would be.

Security of a ā€œregularā€ career has been more fun for me. And with what I do for a living now I positively impact more people than I can really even comprehend. And then I get to go home, crank the volume, throw yoyos and do whatever I want! Woohoo life is fun!

Selma double f horn as for mouth price size I use a pretty standard size Iā€™m not sure of the model exactly Iā€™ve owned the horn for almost seven years and used the same mouth piece for every one of them but it is a pretty decent sized mouth piece

BUMP!

I play the bagpipes. And a little guitar. Player the trombone and tuba/ sousaphone in high school

Got asked yesterday if I wanted to be part of a project choir, doing a huge project. Turns out Iā€™m singing bass in The Veil of the Temple by Sir John Tavener. I wasnā€™t aware of it yesterday, but this piece of work lasts over seven hours, luckily theyā€™ve got several big choirs working on this, so Iā€™ll only be singing the last three cycles (out of 8 total). Itā€™s supposed to be an ā€œall-night vigilā€, starting at about 10 PM, and ending at dawn. Even though most of the bass parts are incredibly boring (like holding the same note for 50 bars), being part of something this huge, in an amazing cathedral will be great and Iā€™m super stoked! Now I just have to learn all this stuff.

That sounds so cool! Lol, I too wouldnā€™t want to hold a note for 50 bars :o Good luck! :slight_smile:

Well I gotta breathe every now and then. It can get boring, several songs (prayers) are just an open fifth as a drone in the bass voices, with a lot of shifting diatonic clusters in the other voices on top of that. Sounded good at rehearsal, but I canā€™t wait to experience it with the cathedral acoustics.

Got the bass clarinet from school for the summer, Iā€™ll be using it for band practice as well. Super happy, according to my band teacher I was really lucky an got the good one itā€™s the buffet one. ^.^ (just for a reference the bass clarinet I have costs 10 grand you have permission to spit your food out)

I got my marching band music! Iā€™m super excited

nice! Already gotten mine my high school marching band is working on some phantom of the opera stuff.

Who is playing for the Forth of July?

Nice! We are doing a Tower of power tribute show! Itā€™s really funky but super hard stuff