Any Magic players in the house?

Iowa you say?
:smiley:

aye aye. came from California…what a huge difference lol.

Gotta couple of old school decks that I like. Personal favorite is a white/black deck which has the ultimate FORGET YOU card when your playing a non white deck. Calcify (Destroy all non white creatures)

My treefolk deck utilized timber protectors (other treefolk get +1/+1 and other treefolk are indestructible). Once I get 2 out, feel the wrath of the trees!!

All I need is a spell pierce and you’re FORGOTTEN

Oh man expose the new eh! ;D

I’m from Iowa too, I dont know where you guys are from but did you guy ever go to Iguanas in Iowa City? That place was awesome but it went out of business probably in 2004.

Nah, that’s a completely seperate part from where I am.

Southwest represent.

So the boonies?!?!? Just playin :smiley: P.s. you guys have me itching to search through my mtg collection. ;D

Maybe chockatrice? I found that about a month ago to play online

nope that isnt it. If my memory serves me right, I think it was called Magic Workstation…that has to be it

Could it be Apprentice by chance?
I don’t remember if it’s the same thing as the Workstation but it has all the features mentioned

I have a Proliferate and Poison Counters Mono Black deck, I think I have boiled out all of the scrap cards. I kept it at 60 and have put people away as early as turn 4 without needing an infinite combo. I also have a Merfolk deck that revolves around tap stalling and an endless turn combo. I used to FNM but all of the card shops around here are no longer in business, I went to gambling on magic with some people I used to play with for awhile. Money is too tight and Wizards are spread too thin, I occasionally play Duels of the planeswalkers on LIVE but yeah…

I have that for live too, although I wish my live account was active still. Ive always wanted to make a squirel token infinite deck but alas the older cards needed are too expensive

Well you could build a deck around Triskilian and Mephidross Vampire, they aren’t too bad. And an infinite combo is an instant win so… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I always used Apprentice. It’s a great deck building tool.

I am 100% certain that I used to use magic workstation for my online play.

She’s not.

I don’t play standerd a lot but the closest thing I have to standerd is my mono black aggro vamps. Though, i wanna make a deck utalizing bloodcheif ascention and proliferate along with some mill. I’ve playtested it and it’s worked pretty well. But i’m saving up for a guitar so i probably won’t make it.

Some of my favorite non stadnerd decks are red burn, artifact decks (especially affinity, very fun to play around with when you play ornithopter, ornithopter, memnite, seat of synod, frogmite, and a turn two cranial plating). I also have a red/blue aggro burnish kinda deck i made recently that works really well… btw… i hope infect dies and never comes back…

the most bullcrap combo i’ve seen…celestial dawn. (all creatures, spells and enchantments in your deck are considered white) nomads en ra something kur (they have an ability 0: redirect 1 point of damage to target creature you control you dont have to tap to do this) another creature that I cant remember the name of (this creature gets +0/+1 each time its targeted by a spell or ability) my friends says and quote (I activate nomads ability 4 million times and target this creature 4 million times…its now a 1/4 million) then he plays this spell card (sacrifice target creature, you gain life equal to its toughness) oh but the fun doesn’t stop there…that celestial dawn lets him use plains to play 2 minions of the waste (when you summon this card, sacrifice at least 1 life…this creatures attack and toughness is equal to the amount of life you sacrifice, trample) *I summon minion of the waste and sacrifice 1 million life…its a 1 million/ 1 million… >:( ??? >:( ??? >:(

Seems legit, now if it gets played EVERY match, then there is a problem, unless it is a 40 card deck, then that is completely legal :smiley: That is how the big dogs play Magic anyhow :stuck_out_tongue: Also, MAgic Workstation and Apprentice can BOTH play online.