Any knife guys?

I got this for 270$. The one in the car is 500$.
Safety begins with you.

8 Likes

Hell Yeah.

I have 4 different kits in the truck.

1. Industrial Kit for Work
  2. My Outdoor Kit
  3. Full Trauma Kit (Chest Seal, etc.)
  4. Standard (Kids Owies)

There is a kit everwhere, Garage, Trailer, Wifes Car, House…

5 Likes

tmp

3 Likes

Some tough guys… here on the yo-yo forum. :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m soft and squishy. I ain’t running in to a fight. I do have some knifes though that get used and abused.

As I find them roaming about I take a picture but non of them are fancy and they all get pretty beat up. The black thing was a gift at my wedding and the grey one my dad found on the side of the road while he was parked in his sleeper back in the 90s.

3 Likes

Idk if anyone is into whittling here, but a few years ago I went down a speciality whittling knife hole. I’ve been wanting a Helvie knife for a while now but never was able to get my hands on one.

5 Likes

I got on a big dockyard tools kick. It’s what my closest Woodcraft store carried. They’re pretty wonderful little tools. That was the fanciest I really ever got. And I have a whole butt ton of flex cuts. A helvie would be sick. Myy whittling kit was getting pretty big before I became a dad and time disappeared. Yo-yos are a great dad hobby cuz I can yoyo and parent pretty effectively. Carving takes a-whole-nother level of focus that makes keeping children alive almost impossible. They’ll be able to keep themselves alive soon enough though.

4 Likes

Never heard of Dockyard before but I just looked them up and now I want some lol. I ended up balling out way too hard on Pinewood Forge whittling knives. Have a few OCC ones too.

My intention was to go camping and whittle by the river all day between catching fish.

5 Likes

Because you are woefully unprepared for unforeseen circumstances without at least the most basic tool. I EDC a flashlight, knife, leatherman, m1, and a pistol. I have solved countless problems with the first three and avoided a couple of serious problems with the last one.
Relatives in Vegas were amazed at me being able to fix things with just what I had on my person.

1 Like

I had a coworker who would whittle in the office then vacuum up his mess at the end of the day or if customers where inbound.

Always fascinated me he would just take a break and whittle a bit then back to sorting through GPOs or something

2 Likes

Hahah that’s awesome. Man I would be so down to take whittling breaks at work.

1 Like

Dockyard’s micro tools are excellent for caricature carving, or any fine detail, I’m sure. If you look through my early instagram, you can see exactly when I got my first set, because I immediately got better once I finally had some proper tools.

4 Likes

I’m saving my pennies for a case Damascus sea horse whitler.

4 Likes

Anything in the kitchen doesn’t stand a chance.

3 Likes

I have an old German made Bulldog brand seahorse whittler that I love and I keep putting off getting a case one.

2 Likes

If I only hadn’t seen the Damascus first. Ignorance would be bliss and for 80$ I’d have one probably in g10.

3 Likes

Woah, woah, woah! This is a thing?!? Great, didn’t need another knife in my head ( runs to find photos of this knife).

edit: found it. Want it. Thanks Grendel :rofl:

1 Like

Isnt that the dream.

4 Likes

My first whittling knife was a GEC Pocket Carver. Kind of just a cheaper Damascus sea horse. The Damascus looks much nicer though.

1 Like

Case Seahorse; best production whittler.

4 Likes