Any knife flippers?

I’ve been knife flipping for like 2 years so far.
anyone else?

6 Likes

I try to stay away from knives!

I am fine being “the yo-yo guy” but I am deeply uncomfortable being “the knife guy” :hocho:

5 Likes

I had a cousin who could whip a butterfly knife around like crazy.

I’ve always been a bit too sketched out by having a blade flying around near my fingers :joy:

1 Like

Those are illegal where I am from. I also have a record so you’d never catch me with one.

Still very cool looking though.

1 Like

in California (where i am) they are only illegal to carry in public, or concealed. though you may own them on private property.
i only have 2 real ones, the other 3 i have are trainers (dull/blunt blade) like the one shown above
its also an outrageously expensive hobby, quality knives starting at like $300

3 Likes

I just did a quick search and they are actually legal to carry around here. Apparently when I had one confiscated it was just because of the blade length. We can’t carry any knife with a blade longer than 3 inches. It is switch blades that are 100% illegal

1 Like

I stopped doing this a while ago, really not good https://www.instagram.com/p/BxQ5V9yBq5v/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=opemg8uzuuol

2 Likes

I got a Squiddy for Xmas!

2 Likes

@E2_yoyos Nice moves! Also really smooth maneuvers @Marm.

I made this video a couple of years ago if you’re interested in checking it out. It’s a legal trainer but I play it as if it were a live blade (of course). Sooooo much fun don’t try this at home.

1 Like

I have a practice/trainer balisong that I play with every once in a while and have a handful of basic moves down solid. I don’t know if I would get a real one though, I’d probably just cut myself a bunch haha.

3 Likes

@TheThrowingGnome
Ive been considering getting the squiddy for a while. How its it?

Well… it’s the only bali I own, so I have no frame of reference. It’s super fun though and has with stood the many drops it’s taken. I did put a tiny tiny piece of soft foam in each handle where the blade hits to dampen the clacking sound.

1 Like

You need one of these! (Stitches, butterflies, tournies, etc.)

I did a faux copper patina on my Alpha Beast 3.0 with a multi-layer annodizing job. Ti is fun since you have to do the lower voltage colors last etc. Different finishes too.

7 Likes