Balisong anyone?

I suppose calling a knife a toy is risky. However, I recently picked up a Balisong trainer and have been really enjoying it. Anyone else out there into these?

10 Likes

Awesome man :smiley:. I used to play around with a few cheap ones a long time ago. I’ve thought about picking up another one but it’s also kinda on the bottom of my list or things I want to buy haha.

1 Like

My cousin is really into them. I myself have some nerve damage from a failed knife lock that makes me think twice before picking up a balisong. That knife related injury is actually what made me pick up a yo-yo!

3 Likes

I’ve flipped since I was a kid in the 80’s. Still edc a Benchmade 32. Before I sold most of them for instrument upgrades I had a nice little BM collection: 51bk (Flytanium), 32, 35, 42, 42s, 47. Kinda miss em but I was never serious enough about flipping to have such nice stuff.

4 Likes

I love Balisongs. I have a Benchmade Morpho 51. But I hardly play with it anymore. I’ve cut myself too many times, and it interferes with my yo-yoing. It might be part of the reason they’re illegal here. Shhh! :shushing_face: Don’t tell anyone.

Perhaps I should buy a trainer as well. :thinking:

I’d love a 42!

3 Likes

There was this topic recently

1 Like

Always wanted a Benchmade 51 or 42. I’ve had a traditional balisong since 1994ish. Had a guy at a flea market come up to me and flip it in front of me and say “Hey kid, wanna buy a knife?” I was wowed watching him flip it, so I said what any 13-14 year old boy in that position would “Why yes, yes I would like to buy a knife” :joy:

3 Likes

I used to carry Balisongs a long long time ago. I guess I could say I got pretty ‘handy’ at flipping them around.

But; I actually found them to be very useful as a work knife. One hand opening without being a switchblade; proved very useful.

Then… when they outlawed them out here in California; that sucked the enthusiasm right out of me. <> Easily one of the absolute dumbest laws ever passed.

The local Cops told me that even though the knife type is no more dangerous than pretty much any other knife. That the Balisong knives have a more intimidating aspect.

Seriously; how intimidating can they be? Who brings a knife to a gunfight?

I still have mine; in a box in the garage again.

So… you can walk down the street; with a hammer in your hand. Or have a machete in your backpack. But a Balisong is scary dangerous?

10 Likes

Why I do of course. But I was trained that way. I used to go to the BM factory when it was in downtown Los Angeles back in the day and then California made them into gravity knives and Bam instant felony. I stopped carrying anytype of folder years ago.

I’ve got a few CCCs, a boker plus, and a bm 32

Im saving up for a rep right now though

I made one out of legos not too long ago just for fun my friend shall it one day tried it and now he has one and is trying to get more

@abel

1 Like

I dabble in it a bit, California made them illegal but that ain’t stopping me from owning one!

2 Likes

I used to have one made of Lego but it didn’t feel right at all

not that I know what the right thing at all is

1 Like

Good choice. Squidtrainer.

1 Like

You trying to trade that 51 for some yo-yos?

2 Likes

I would only trade that for a Benchmade 42, plus extra from me to cover the difference in price and rarity, but I can’t imagine anyone would ever go for a trade like that.

1 Like

I just got a cheap trainer from my friend, soon ill upgrade to a live blade. the first time I ever played with one I cut my self and now I have a cool scar on my thumb, I have no regrets. (i know this is an old topic but it’s worth trying to revive it)

3 Likes

I’ve got a couple trainers in a box somewhere! I used to be really into flipping, but I’ve fallen out of the habit lately.

3 Likes

Yep I myself used to be into it for a few years and got good with flipping but also fell out of it for awhile,like I did with yos after getting good with tops,but now at 35 I have been throwing yos again and also just today got myself the Kershaw lucha(haven’t even opened package yet,lol,I only typed this since I just seen the balisong thread pop up for this first time,and also had the 51(too light) and barebones at one time.happy throwing/flipping.

3 Likes