Balisong anyone?

I’m thinking about getting a trainer myself… should I get one with a latch or no latch?

2 Likes

I would, if you dont like the latch then just take it off

2 Likes

I learned fine without a trainer why not buy a cheap 15$ live blade bali to start,there not as sharp as a 100$ Bali.,just don’t drop the knife on your bare feet,lol

3 Likes

Ya, I could do that but I feel like my parents wouldn’t be to comfortable with me playing and flipping a knife all day :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha I literally dropped the trainer on myself while barefooted once. In that moment I was suddenly very glad that most sharp knives are illegal in Denmark.

2 Likes

Sweet to see this post come back around!

1 Like

I just dug up the old trainers again, I apparently have three! Both of the squidtrainers have started to creak though, I guess I need to figure out what to do to remove that.

3 Likes

I gave up on them mostly because fixed blades are really legal in California and butterflies not so much. I got my first one form the factory down town Los Angeles before the customs people ran them out of town. I had the utility and then the Wee Hawk. Good times!

2 Likes

i need to get my hands on a squid trainer someday when I have money

1 Like

I’ll sell you one if mine when you have the funds, I really don’t use them enough to justify what I paid for them originally.

That Benchmade trainer is sweet!

1 Like

That’s actually the cheapest one, though I found one of super good quality from somewhere other than Amazon/eBay/aliexpress.

1 Like

I’ve played with them since I was a kid. Not really my favorite for edc but I enjoyed flipping a lot for awhile. Had a bunch of Benchmade and Spyderco but couldn’t justify keeping them. I used to do a think where I’d throw trapeze, flip a balisong, cut the string, and switch to 4a lol. Good times.

5 Likes

I kind of want to pick up a cheap trainer and learn some stuff but I don’t know if I’ll get a live blade.

2 Likes

I need to see this sir!!

I did a super basic version of it in this old video lol at about 2:40

4 Likes

Wow! String work, knife work, Yo-Fu and a kid in a papoose! This video has everything! Thank you sir!:flushed::exploding_head:

3 Likes

ive been into it for a while
currently using
the one alien

been into these since the mid 90s, Benchmade is the best in my opinion, they also keep getting harder to come by.

2 Likes

Because they almost stopped making them entirely.

1 Like