any girl yoyoers out there?

Wow, $6000 for a purse. Wow. I paid $4800 for the car I’m driving now and it fits four people comfortably. For $6000 it should have come with a kitchenette and half bath.

So, which would you rather get back… the girl, the purse or the yoyos?

The girl :frowning:

Okay maybe the purse so i can give it to the next girl.

Yeah but warning if it’s 6000 dollars don’t give it to a girl yoyoer well just use it as a very fancy Yoyo carrying case but if you get a babe know this give to her if she’s passing a milestone of age otherwise we get the Idea you’ve stolen it

I noticed a YYJ girl at MWRs. I didn’t get her name though.

I’m enjoying your posts, which means you have the conversation part down to a science. You also have a sense of humor, so you are ahead of the game. I believe there is a guy for every girl and vice versa. I see one of two things stand in the way of finding the right one:

1. Shyness.
  2. Setting the bar too high.

Your answer is definitely, yes. :slight_smile:

I can tell you’re a guy who treats your girl nice. Even if it did not work out, I hope you are still friends. I would suggest in the future though, making sure she is meeting you in between with generosity. Of course that is not necessarily in the form of just gifts, but in general. You don’t want to be the only one giving. Also, anyone who will just take, take, take without meeting you part way, is not worthy of continued generosity. Not that you are keeping tabs, or a tally, but she should be as generous to you if she can afford it.

I asked Andre in his observations seeing females compete at contests, what the male/female ratio is. He has traveled all around, so I thought he’d be a good person to ask. He said 250/1… :-. Deep.

Given the statistic Totalartist just shared my first thought is it would behoove manufacturers to recruit and place ladies on their teams. The fact that yoyoing is so gender lopsided is not a socially healthy thing I don’t believe. There is obviously a perceived cultural stigma attached to throwing which should be addressed. Can you imagine the huge shot in the arm towards instituting much greater female participation if suddenly someone like Kerri Walsh was seen with a Code 2 or Chief in her hands and being really great with it? Or one of the Williams sisters? Now obviously getting names like that integrated into the sport would be a tall mountain to climb and those were just a couple of faces off the top of my head. The point is apparent however, it would revolutionize female participation overnight. I for one have enough respect for and confidence in this sport to believe such an endeavor is appropriate.

I sense there is a societal perception that not only is a yoyo a toy for children, it’s a toy for little boys only. A fresh marketing approach may be way overdue in a deliberate attempt to alter such conceptions.

Hmmm so if girls get sponsored is it good or bad? Cause I always thought that in marketing towards guys was if there’s a women involved they want the same thing as that women so they can have something related so they can be so I say hook up even if they don’t live so close so that they think there’s a chance with that girl or women that or I’m just speaking crazy so seriously is it good or bad a girl gets sponsored? Cause I always thought it was good you know cause there’s not many girl yoyoers out there ready to show there skills and I’m one of them

At note if any yoyoer was dating which is highly unlikely I would not let them give up there Yoyo cause I need some kind of competition!!! To keep us both going!! Or else it becomes pointless.

Do you mind revising? I don’t mean to be mean but I really don’t understand this post and I would like to. Sorry for being kinda annoying…

Better?

I think you raise some good points. Maybe clubs or contests could offer some small incentive for guys to bring a female with them to a contest or meet. They could bring their sister, cousin, friend, girlfriend…anyone. The more women see yo-yoing, the more they will discover how fun it is. Maybe an “adopt a female” program. I have been adopted already :D. If you know a few guys willing to help you out toward the goal of getting better, it goes a long way. Abby did a good job by making the post. Maybe a program that would match females up with a yo-yo mentor of similar age and location. It would be a great idea for males and females to find a mentor if they wanted one. What do you guys think of that idea?

I notice some brands create designs keeping males and females in mind. Other brands, not so much. When I was a kid, yo-yos were definitely marketed as a boy toy. I’m not sure exactly why though. I agree that yo-yoing could improve in image for the better of the industry and community. I believe in pulling in more females and adults in general.

you know a mentoring program sounds good think about it people could run it through clubs or yoyoing events in there area to recruit people then it can be like a recruitment program as well so other kids can get into yoyoing as well now what if we also did a recruitment program for like females we would be doing a lot better now how i see sponsored girls or women yoyoing useally i see them as girl yoyoers to keep yoyoing cause there is a chance they can get sponsored thats how i see because for the last few weeks i bin talking about getting sponsored because im actually so good people are saying i can get sponsored so im going to keep yoyoing because theres other sponsored women out there that actually show girls can do it so im going to keep trying until im there so yeah now with other yo-yo’s company’s i find adegle yoyos to atract girls and guys due to color choices that and lots of other companies i cant name

^ I think a mentor program would work to recruit more people into yo-yoing in general, especially women.  Andre said in the Ohio contest this weekend, there were 2 females competing, but he has never seen more than 3 females compete in any contest.  Ohio is considered a better showing than in most cases.  :o

I was hoping the World On A String movie would have given at least five minutes to that issue, but it did not.  I think it deserved at least a mention.

Andre brought Tessa Piccillo onto YoyoJam team before he left.  He always encouraged women to Yo-Yo, and YoyoJam has always showed love for the females.  Also, Stephanie Haight is up and coming too.  Glad Andre is in our corner:

YoyoJam has several females on the team (see vids above).  They are doing their part.  Maybe Abby will aspire to be YoyoJam sponsored.  I love YoyoJam.

http://yoyojam.com/team/

She was a good one… I’d say we were mostly equal.

Imagine it I abby1371 will be the future girls face of yo-yoing!!! For possibly yoyojam or yoyofactory which I think needs a few more girl players on yoyofactory so I’ll see you guys in a few months to be the sponsored girl on yoyofactory just kidding I won’t leave the forums

I hate to disagree with Andre, but five competed in the eyyc female division.

With my experiences yoyoing in public, for roughly every 20 guys who stop and watch, there’s only like one girl who seems even remotely interested in it. For whatever reason, girls just seem generally less interested.
We should try to recruit more though.

Here’s list of female yoyoers:

Ann Connolly
Corli Du Toit
Tessa Piccillo
McKenna Zentner
Stephanie Haight
Tasya Ganihina
Julia Aleksandra Gutowska
Ekaterina L’gotina
Aneta Hanzalova
Julia Gutowska
Josefina [i don’t know her last name]
(There’s plenty others I’m not remembering right now, feel free to add)

Compared the the amount of males yoyoing, this is a really small list.

wow that isnt alot of girls considering how many companies there are man i really need to get sponsored and so do lots of other girls to have how do i say this to even out the playing Field girls against guys wise its pretty unbalanced so more on women and girls setup lets show them girls can do it!!! ;D

hmm i wonder if i can get sponsored because of this making a movement of girls to yo-yo and nothing more then again practice helps and posting videos