American Yoyo companies? Canadian yoyo companies?

I really love American yoyos, but YYR’s are irresistible.

But then again, I love CODE1’s, and the MVP is one of my favorite yoyos.

All ya’all forgot DIF-E-YO :wink:

Rebel yoyos, Rec Rev, Chico yoyo company, Crucial, String Theory, and Vs newton concepts
are all Canadian/ American

Forgot RecRev and Rebel Yo-Yos YO!!!

I love how much Ben gets hated on despite the fact the YYF’s sales destroy everyone except maybe duncan who makes alot of non-yo-yo products at this point.

Geographical location has no influence on the production of a yo-yo, the only things that effect that are, Materials, Machines, People, and Quality Control

Well then you have to also think about it even from a YoYoFactory side. YoYo Factory is based out of United States, and Ben works for them. So YoYo Factory sends “some” of their yoyos over to get made and pays another country, but then sells them to another store, say yoyoexpert or [some other online yo-yo store], then they sell it to us. So even when YYF does this, yes another country got paid, but the YYF in Arizona made money which Ben will collect a pay check and will spend locally in Arizona, and then YYE or YYBB US companies in Mass and Cali, so there is still a lot of money out of those kept in the US even when they do outsource…However when I bought my One Drop Burnside from YYBB and my YoYoJam Dark Magic II from YYE then you’ve got 100% complete American Transactions FTW!

I think it is different than buying a chinese yoyo from a european yoyo seller. Again, this is coming just from a buy American standpoint.

Mod edit - This forum is run by an online yo-yo store. Please refrain from posting other online stores. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Ben is one of the owners of YoyoFactory.

Oh ok did not know that, I thought a guy named Hans was the owner. Yoyowiki.org says this:

Benjamin McPhee is the Product and Brand Manager for YoYoFactory.

Hmm… where does it say that?

Not trying to argue just wondering if there is another YYF page on the wiki.

Phew, good thing I’m not from the US, I’m free to buy whatever I like :wink:

So do I.

Well, I do think that support your own country is great, but it terrifies me to see this whole community that should be united, divided.

I like to support my own country made, but until yoyoing got bigger (acknowledgment as a sport as example), I’ll support everything that support the community.

Buy yoyos from anywhere, It comes down to the play, not where its made. If you blindfold yourself and throw a yoyo, if it plays good, buy it, throw it, don’t let country decide. Besides, certain countries fail (yes I’ll avoid saying IT cause people are gonna flip out.)

Throw yoyos.

1 Like

you made the statement you want to buy from companies that support the american yoyo community. Andre is sponsored by yoyojam a company based over seas .yet with their help Andre started this site and they supported andre. from what ive been able to tell this site along with its forums and mods have helped our Scene more than any other. If I am wrong sorry

YOYOEXPERT EDIT:
YoYoJam is based entirely USA. Please check your facts before posting information that can be misleading, etc…

Which yoyojam are you referring and what over seas are you talking about?

Oh, you are wrong. YoYoJam is based in the US.

I agree. It should come down to how it plays, no where it’s made.

I suppose I’m lucky in the fact I can “Buy American” thanks to my wife’s point of view on things, which is great because I like One Drop and YoYoJam. I can get away with Canada, so CLYW stays on the “safe” list.

I do have my eyes on some non-domestically produced product as well.

I always prefer domestically produced product. That aside, the bottom line is GOOD stuff will rise and BAD stuff will sink, regardless of where it’s produced. This is true whatever the product and market is.

It’s a great thing that the yoyo market is based out of the US, Canada, and European country’s (Few exceptions). However, that being said, it’s not going to stop me from buying Magic Yo.