Amazon yoyos

How many of you have considered buying a sidekick pro off amazon?
lol. I almost did before I discovered that the shutter existed.

2 Likes

I want to buy to review it on my channel (mongoose throws) and I also want to by the cost bi-metal but if you want a good yoyo at a good prices I would the shutter its one of the best yoyo in the world and the best yoyo for its price point

2 Likes

MagicYoYo and TopYo also have some absurdly good throws for the price. I’ve heard good things about the MYY N12 and Y01, though I haven’t tried them. MYY also recently released the Y02 Aurora which is a metal light-up yoyo for <30$.
I have a TopYo Silenus and it’s once of my favorites. It plays fast and stable, has a very nice finish in some sweet colors, and only costs around 35$. I’ve seen one on the BST for 18$ recently and I’m seriously considering it. I’ve heard good things about the TopYo Impulse, Raiser, and Colossus, but I haven’t tried them.

1 Like

Don’t buy your yoyo stuff on Amazon if you can help it. Retailers like YYE give back to the yoyo community by doing things like sponsoring contests and funding these amazing forums. Even buying direct from a company is better than getting it on Amazon; you’ll never see an Amazon logo on a contest banner.

15 Likes

FACT!

9 Likes

the problem is these days there’s one place you can find everything sitting on your couch.
AMAZON!
so when a child goes to their mom wanting a yoyo, where is it going to be bought at?
AMAZON!

2 Likes

lol maybe yye or yyf could work with amazon for a sort of “affiliation” program so that a little bit goes towards yoyoers

1 Like

A certain other site actually sell some of their inventory on Amazon. You’ll see their name as the third-party seller. Makes me wonder how much of their revenue comes from sales on their own site vs on Amazon.

I think Magic YoYo also sells direct through Amazon.

That said, yeah I’m always directing new players on Reddit etc to trusted sites like YYE. In addition to supporting the community, I also feel like sites like YYE vet the throws they sell and stand by them. It’s like the Wild West on Amazon.

4 Likes

I bought a magicyoyo y01 node on amazon for a little less than $15 with free (prime) shipping a couple of weeks ago.
I wish yoyoexpert carried the cheap magicyoyos…though I don’t think they’d be able to compete with other places on the prices. I wonder if that’s a contributing reason on why they don’t stock them.

1 Like

Eh YYE carries some pretty cheap YYF stuff. But definitely agree. Not just the cheap MYY stuff; I’d love to see some of the higher end stuff like the Carpfin or Katana or either Vulfgang in addition to the Node and Shark Honor.

4 Likes

Sadly I bought more than one Sidekick Pro… I didn’t know… I was a n00b.

The best thing to steer people toward if they have to buy on Amazon is the cheaper magicyoyos like N12. Then if they get a taste for it they can graduate to real addiction yo-yo stores

3 Likes

YYE used to stock a few but seem to have dropped the line. It may be due to the pricing issue you mention.

4 Likes