MAGICYOYO recommendation?

Are those MAGICYOYOs on Amazon any good? Long story short i have family coming in and I have a cousin who is getting into the hobby and needs a new unresponsive as he’s progressing and getting better. I would absolutely buy him a Yoyofactory starter set or something like that, but I have Prime shipping and it can be here tomorrow let alone in 4-5 days without express or priority. Any advice would be great!

1 Like

If he’s getting pretty good I recommend searching the buy sell trade part the forum. You can get much more yoyo for the same price with no damage too with shipping included in their price! Most sellers will ship asap 2-3 days which is almost as good as prime. My USPS experience usually is pretty much, ship monday and get things Thurs or Friday.

1 Like

I have a Yoyo King Ghost from Amazon and it’s unbelievably good. I was shocked honestly. Incredible performance for how much it costs.

3 Likes

The MYY V3 is always my go to recommendation for beginning unresponsive especially for the price. I prefer it over most of the YYF throws I have lol. MYY makes great throws.

2 Likes

I will look into that one as well! I keep hearing how good these things are for the money and to not be turned away by it

1 Like

He’s getting to the point where he’s going to need an unresponsive, but not enough yet nor the knowledge of the brands, specs etc to where he’s going to appreciate it, if that makes sense. I’m hoping once he gets into it a little more and sees that there are much more fun/cool tricks out there than ‘walk the dog’ and ‘rock the baby’ that he’ll start wanting to learn and know more!

2 Likes

Yeah to each their own for sure but I don’t throw a lot of YYF as well lol. I have an OG plastic Grind Machine, Protostar and dv888 which was my first metal a long time ago but that’s about it. I hear the Shutter is pretty great for the price though too

I really like the MagicYoyo Sharks Honor.

Not sure if that’s the real name, but it has a shark on it. :rofl:

They are extremely reasonably priced. They play a bit on the heavy side, but they feel great in the hand, spin for a decent amount of time, and are pretty smooth.

I would definitely recommend as a budget throw.

4 Likes

They look pretty darn well manufactured too! Doesn’t look cheap at all I like that. Might have to get me one too just for fun :joy:

Most magicYoyo throws are decent at the very least and just plain good other times.

For responsive a Crystal, T9 or V3 are all excellent.

For unresponsive i highly recommend both the Y01 Node and the Y03 Hertz. They’re not just decent they are very good by any standard for a monometal yoyo regardless of the price.

4 Likes

I have a MYY V3. The one I have is very nice. I keep it on my desk for when I want to experiment with unresponsive.

2 Likes

The magicyoyo n11 is in stock on Amazon and it is pretty good

1 Like

Node Y01

1 Like

i’ve recommended the V3 to a bunch of people just starting out, its a great yoyo.

if its a purely unresponsive yoyo get the Y03 hertz

4 Likes

Magic yoyo N12 Shark and the Yo3 Hertz… botht really awesome. One more organic one more V… can probably get both for under $40

3 Likes