Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

I signed up for instagram, finally after seeing your account. Nice pics Yuki, the food ones made me hungry. My favorite was the little plush monkey with the yo-yo haha. I thought it was cute.

1 Like

Nice photo. Good eyes, I see black in the background too. Also, that piece of wood faded in the background looks like it’s made to hold another yo-yo. Perhaps another yo-yo sitting there faded up in the distance, looking down on the other throw…awesome pic.

Thanks for the feedback! Need to get some of my photography out of my photo box and into some other creative environments.

It’s funny, while I was shooting this, I kept thinking of wildlife documentaries…

Here is a water color I made of Jason’s work. This was originally custom for mgiroux77:

Before:

After:

3 Likes

Cool! The funny thing is it looks similar to before. This is more a comment on the watercolor effect in the original ano rather than a comment on the filter work. :slight_smile:

I think if you tweaked the brightness and contrast of the first photo you could get pretty close.

Watercolor filter probably has more of a dramatic effect on crisp lines.

Nice night time exposure GregP! I’ll have to try some of those!
The ‘light dancing’ is fun for sure! Does your son think its crazy how he disappears?

Wow! Crazy cool DMII and pic’s… photographer! ;D Ha ha ha. *edit, no irony in text. :smiley:

Nice ones too Yuki! I liked the leviathan2 and of course, ‘fairy floss like a boss’! Ha ha ha! I used to have access once and while to a machine and several flavors to make all I wanted… and I did. :slight_smile:

Another cool one jasonwongzero! The white goes well, but, it also provides enough of an edge that if you have any picture software with an ‘extract’ or ‘edge find’ feature, you could probably swap in a black background after using it?

Wow x2. That watercolor effect really lends itself to yoyo’s and the splash!

Here’s a couple light dances and a flash light trace of some old climbing shoes of mine in the dark.

1 Like

Nice! Love the climbing shoes photo!

1 Like

@beherenow: Good stuff! The climbing shoes are awesome. My son strangely didn’t ask about his absence. I think he still just takes stuff like that for granted; he knows when we do “light painting” that he’s not going to be in the photo but I don’t think he knows why. :slight_smile:

Fantastic shot by Jason Wong as well. Looks like a sibling to my Baldwin!

@totalartist: The photo seems to be dimmer than your previous shots (hence the gray looking background), which is probably why the watercolour effect makes it pop so much! Between bumping the brightness (ideally with the light or exposure settings themselves!) and increasing contrast (per Jason’s comment) you should have a more colourful effect. For something that rich in colour, I would also be temped to “cheat reality” a little bit and boost saturation/vibrancy.

I need to help keep this thread on-topic by posting some new photographs later. Got a “Snow Drift” Smooth Move here that I think is asking to be photographed (along with aforementioned Baldwin).

Good eyes…I brightened it up and it’s better now (scroll up). I’m still playing with it…pretty throw for sure. Let’s see that Smooth Move now…can’t wait.

I love photos of wood throws. This one I took the other day really captures the grain…

Thanks x2.
If I would have thought it through, he shouldn’t have a self image yet. :slight_smile: No ego there till you pick one up!

The grain really does stand out on that yoyo! Nice pic too.

There we go, much better!

Thanks, Totalartist. There are two things I love almost as much as yoyoing: being a goofball and fine dining. =)

Yuki

You like being a goofball? Me too! Rocket Funky broccoli terms for real!

^^^ I too love taking food shots as well. My brother has over 1000 food pics on his FB page… I can never look at them. I get way too hungry!!

Love my food shots. At dinners, I’m the guy stopping people from eating because I need to take photos of every thing first XD

Yuki

HAHA My brother is the same way man!!! Drives the family crazy!!!

@mgiroux77, very nice EH, the most photogenic wood throw I’ve seen. My most recent:

@Yuki…I have some food shots saved but no really nice ones. I’ll take some soon though. :wink: I don’t let my friends dig in until I get a pic… I do it too :smiley: But, i find restaurants are too dark for really good shots.

Love that!!!

Hey TA nice food pix!!! Thankfully I just ate as that would have sent me over the edge!!! Those greens look so yummy!!!

I can tell you are a food lover. The greens are the BEST thing in the photo. That’s why I had them right in front of me, so I could get dibs :smiley: I am so greedy. Well, yeah, I keep asking my friend how to say that dish in Chinese. I told her I have to be able to say it on my own, just in case, cause I always want them and don’t know what they are in English. :smiley: