Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

I’m on vacation, so plenty of time to play with my toys. Well…that’s my excuse anyway. :smiley: I figure these yo-yos have personality, so why not humanize them. :wink:

1 Like

Well we certainly appreciate you spending your vacation doing stuff to make us smile! ;D

Thanks Banjo. I entered this one in the Shutter Contest (YoyoNews.com). The Fleas make nice periods. :smiley:

1 Like

That looks really cool! I like the one at the bottom of the first “Y”. I’ll have to look into it… mmmmm

Some killer pictures lately! The ones staged with different things are great! Makes you smile and want to take photos! ;D

Yes, that’s a 2.0…runs about $50. A nice smooth little undersized yo-yo…definitely worth checking out. YoyoFactory cannot seem to miss lately, great stuff from them, they’re on a roll. I don’t do many contests, but when they require a photo, I’m always game. :slight_smile:

Hmm was that me?

^ :smiley: I was wondering who that was. Gave me a chuckle.

I took another photo for the Shutter contest. I was playing with my toys again.

No, it’s not a photo, but I used my new 50mm f1.8 lens!

Thrifty Fifty for the win!

1 Like

I saw this statue in Faneuil Hall in Boston. It is a statue of former Mayor Kevin Hagan White. I decided it needed one final touch. I only had my Iphone with me, and a FHZ, :wink: so I took a few shots:

2 Likes

I agree :slight_smile: we call it the nifty fifty because its so well nifty! The only wide prime I like better is the shorty 40 its so sharp :).

Ahhhh I love that place!!! So many fun memories there!!!

^ I bet I could guess exactly what you enjoyed yourself doing too.

1 Like

A win for the thread…won the Yoyonews.com Shutter contest, the Instagram portion that is. A few haters are popping up, upset that they didn’t win. But I will just let the haters hate…as I throw a new blue Shutter. Thanks to those who offered a sincere congratulations. Thanks Yoyonews/YoyoFactory:

1 Like

http://pixlr.autodeskdesigncompetitions.com/competitions/snap-style-share/entries/pixlr-image--100

Vote for my photo! I might get in the finals!

Thinking about getting some lights for product photography. Any suggestions? I will be using a light box.

I would get utility clip on lights from the hardware store…run about $7 each. I use three lights, some people just use two. Whatever you can afford. You can see them in this photo posted by beherenow earlier in the thread:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/amateur-yo-yo-photography/47921/42

These specific bulbs are the ones I use. I am happy with them:

I’m looking forward to seeing your shots. :slight_smile:

What camera are you using? And are you opposed to off brands?

If you are using canon then I’d pick up 430 ex II flashes (a pair is good) if you are using Nikon the looking into SB-600

But if you are ok with saving money then look into Yongnuo these are insanely good and stupidly cheap.

That is a GREAT photograph, Owen!

1 Like