Aluminum Kendama??

Make a 400 doller Ti one!

Yeah do an aluminum ken and sarado, and a delrin tama

insert facepalm here

I would preorder a fully aluminum kendama.

I actually kind of dig the way it sounds… Reminds me of some Martial Arts weapons

Don’t forget that aluminum absorbs heat or cold much faster than many other materials.

So… In real cold weather(I’m not saying that when it is snowing outside, everybody is gonna reach for Kendamas to throw around) a Kendama would feel like a metal ice cube.

It would be much better to just make an all delrin model.  Delrin would take a beating. It has a good comfortable feel. And effective weighting would be easier to achieve.

I don’t have a Kendama. I have never had a Kendama. And I have little interest in them. But it appears quite obvious that the people that mess with them, have a lot of fun. And fun is a good thing.

I think I will buy a Kendama, just so I can have something to weigh and measure. Then I will make one out of Delrin bar stock.  I’m curious to compare the ‘feel’ of wood compared to Delrin. If I find it to be an interesting experiment, I may machine one out of aluminum too.

We used to play them when we were kids(long before most of you were born), but we didn’t really think beyond simple tricks. So I still remember the ‘feel’.  I just never personally owned one.

If you guys want to find out how ‘deep’ Kendama/history/culture/discipline actually is, follow this link and if you read the whole thing, you will be Amazed.

http://kendama.org/

2 Likes

Mo, thanks for the link… I have an Ozora on the way and that was a cool read.

Edit: I want a cool Bilboquet lol, but I guess you could probably take a Kendama apart and you’d have such a thing

Corrected

1 Like