Aluminum Kendama??

If it were more affordable I would buy it plus it’s more durable around a puppy who chewed up my brothers kendma…

The ball would ruin the ano. Personally I would love a Delrin ken. I’d also think a rubber grip would be cool. I don’t know why people only care about the design on the ball, I want a design on the stick, that’s why I’m getting a five-hole bamboo ken from KendamaUSA.

they should try talking to kendalex he used to make them i dont know why he stopped ???

Delrin is a very soft plastic, no way you could use it. (Correct me if im wrong)

Of course Delrin could be used. And it’s not that soft. If it’s good enough to be machined into precision spinning parts, then I think it’d fare just fine as a handle. The only problem I’d see is that acetal tends to be rather slippery, so tricks like Lunar Landing would be quite difficult.

On topic: I wouldn’t care for an Al kendama. They’re noisy enough as it is :stuck_out_tongue:

I would be interested, as in it would be cool, but no I wouldn’t buy one. I don’t really like kendamas, and I already have one from like 6 years ago my mom got in japan, haha.

if delrin is soft then way is it used on yoyos? Then it okay to use it for kens

It isn’t really “Soft,” it just cuts easily. It’s plenty rigid to be used on yoyos.

Sounds dangerous…

I wouldn’t like an aluminum kendama, I don’t think there needs to be a metal ken… Yet :wink: I like wooden ones OK, but kendama isn’t really my thing, anyway :p.

FYI, guys:
Crucial is making a Derlin Kendama right now! Just thought I’d let you know! Paul put it up on Instagram, their designing it right now!

I think you should do it, if only from a business standpoint. With kendama being as popular as it is even novelties like aluminum kendamas seem to sell really well, not to mention Terras that can be hundreds of dollars. If you could offer an aluminum option at $90 you’d sell every one. Also i think a splash ano would be amazing even if not as durable, as well as the option to mix and match high-end wooden options with the aluminum. So for instance an aluminum ken with a rosewood dama or something would be lovely. Also the Terra Pill is patent pending, and Sweets has their Rolling Pin, but something aluminum in that genre would be amazing. Maybe work out a new design with aluminum, i think something that’s more cube-ish would be insanely popular and add some cool trick variety.

1 Like

If you look at the guys comments (who makes aluminum kendamas) it seems lots of people are interested and he’s always sold out.

I agree with the guy above. The yoyo community is too biased about stuff and opinions all over the board, so i wouldn’t all us… Id ask someone who knows business, but i think you already know well enough hehe… So this is like hype?

Also it might be noisier, but you could hollow it out from the bottom cup

Clyw are makeing kendamas, it said on their instagram

I wouldn’t be into it. I like wooden toys or I like that the kendama is a wooden toy. But . . . if you made an aluminum handle with replaceable spike and cups . . . .

Made a kendama with aluminum spike tips :smiley:

I think Aluminum plus a delrin ball would be killer.

genius An what Happen to the acrylic one that looked sweet ???

Yeah, I’m not a fan of that sound. I don’t even like it when my bearings get loud.

I think metal with an acrylic ball would be cool. I’ve seen clear acrylic tamas before and they look killer!