All things begleri!

I got into begleri last December. Sometimes at work (a huge resort where I host activities for guests) I sometimes have to be a pool monitor for several hours or a whole day. Just sitting there. I used to bring fidget spinners which led to knuckle rollers which led to begleri. It’s the perfect fidget / skill toy that I can practice while 100% doing my job as I do not need to look at my hand at all. I’m totally in love with begleri! While I have a lot of different sets (beginners obsession) I tend to gravitate towards two which just click best for me. I find myself slinging on walks, lying down reading, standing in line, walking through a large parking lot. Unlike yoyos, I don’t need to look at my hands. To me, yoyoing and begleri go hand in hand. The motions are somewhat similar and there’s the same rush from successes and learning new elements.

14 Likes

For some reason I could not add another photo. These are my most used begleri. The beating the beads have taken actually make them feel better than when they were brand new.

11 Likes

I’ve got a fair number and a lot of homemade this is the one I’ve been slinging for the past while. I made it myself been really digging it!

14 Likes

Commons have been my go to set recently.

12 Likes

Yoyoing and begleri complement each other nicely because the times you can’t yoyo are perfect for begleri.
I got tired of choosing between the sigmas and commons, so I chose both.

13 Likes

The only Around Square I have now are the Titans which are great.

2 Likes

They’re dropping luck sacks this friday if you’re interested in getting more.

1 Like

commons are soooooo good. i never leave home without a set of them.

2 Likes

A majority of the time I am using them over textured concrete, asphalt, hard floors, or outside and they take hard hits and sometimes go skidding several feet. I don’t purchase anything I’m afraid to really beat up. Titaniums will be my next purchase…eventually.

EDIT: Does anyone have a favorite brand of paracord? When I started, I got a bunch of paracord from a department store but after trying it I found it too stiff even after playing it for awhile. Paracord Planet makes great stuff. It’s not stiff at all.

1 Like

I look forward to the day my Ti Commons have an asphalt patina.

2 Likes

i’ve had great luck with paracord planet 550. i’ve ordered lots thorugh their amazon store and only ever had one color that was stiff.

1 Like

good luck. the Ti commons are soooo hard. i’ve been playing my set daily and beat the crap out of them. barley a scratch after almost 2 years with them.

1 Like

Mostly playing with the Mini Hypes and the Sigmas. I prefer lighter sets most of the time but mixing it up with some heavier ones feels like a good warm up and training challenge to get my over all play faster and smoother.
It‘s so easy to get lost in all those shapes and materials and the respective differences in feel and performance. I‘m curious to know if anyone here can say they found their perfect set. An organic extension of their hand so to say (or any other metaphor that seems fitting :wink:).

12 Likes

What is that - second one from left?

1 Like

Those are the Aroundsquare ‚Mini Hypes‘ in a sandblasted finish. My favorite set. Perfect for bead rolls and spring tricks feel exceptionally nice.

2 Likes

Y’all should come join the begleri discord then. It’s very active!

2 Likes

I browse the BST on it from time to time.

Have you seen this guys YouTube ? Been following him for a while. I usually pull up one of his videos when I’m trying to introduce people to begleri.

2 Likes

Hiro is a great slinger, posts a lot on Instagram, and I think he even sells a little in the Japanese market.

For anyone looking for the discord: Begleri

3 Likes

What is this Japanese market you speak of?

aroundsquare Hypes (looks like the full size ones)

2 Likes