All things begleri!

Here are all my skill toys. Gotta keep those hands busy.

12 Likes

Yooo, nice collection you have there…good stuff…good stuff! How do those three Knuckleroller on the left of the KnuckleYo feel in the hand? They really look like small art pieces.

1 Like

Nope :wink: Those are the mini ones.

2 Likes

Thanks :smile:. Those 3 you mentioned I made myself out of titanium and brass. The left 2 titanium ones feel great in the hand. The brass one on the right is a little too heavy for me. Out of the 3, the middle one would be my fav due the middle being a little narrower than the other 2.

The next 2 are Aroundsquares: a mini and a micro. Love both. My hands are smaller so they work well.

The wood one I made as well. I like it, not love it. Prefer titanium.

1 Like

I’m watching the mail for the full sized. They’ll be my first titanium begleri. I’m kinda excited.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I enjoy taking photos of my begleri so much. It’s just some metal beads on a cord. Maybe it’s the simplicity?

What is everyone’s go to for tutorials online? Nate’s are great. I find myself needing to constantly pause and rewatch Muscle Bones’.

8 Likes

I believe this is made by Aroundsquare, it converts to a knuckle roller. On long time loan from my yo-mie, @Malushi .

Mostly been following Aroundsquare’s tutorials.

9 Likes

Yup. Those are aluminum knobs for the modular knucklebone, sold by aroundsquare. They have holes drilled in them specifically so that they can be used as begleri as well.

2 Likes

Wow, props. You made some gorgeous pieces there. The dark purple-ish one is right up my alley.
I also have a mini Knocklebone from Aroundsquare and I also prefer it although I have rather large hands.
Titanium sure feels the most premium and smooth but the ZGRT Tamper Roller for example (which I have in Walnut wood) has an organic almost warm feeling to it which lets me doubt that Titanium is alone there on my top shelf.

4 Likes

Two titaniums from Around Square. Just got them in the mail.

12 Likes

fully agree. the titanium is awesome and bomb proof, but there is something about the ZGRT Espresso Tamper that is just so soothing an nice. all the positives of a wood roller, but enough weight out at the ends that is just flows so nice.

3 Likes

Ever lose your begleri?

I shoved this set in my sweatshirt pocket this morning. I always have to have begleri with me. I ran some errands and when making the long walk into a supermarket I reached into my pocket and they weren’t there. I turned around and drove back to the gas station and laundromat with a sick feeling. I searched my car and pockets many times. I went back to the supermarket accepting that my favorite begleri were gone. After shopping I rechecked the gas station and thought it was a little obsessive to check the laundromat again. As I pulled in I saw my begleri on the ground where my car was parked. This made me extremely happy. I was joyous!!! I have lots of begleri from cheapos to $70 but this is the set I click best with ($11) and what I sling the most so there a lot of memories of happy and sad times connected with them. I have a few different colorways of this same begleri but this set is my most special. It’s silly to get so attached to physical objects but…I’m just so happy I didn’t really lose them.

16 Likes

No I don’t like begleri,
PXL_20230607_122333551.MP|666x500
(This isn’t even all the begleri I have I have a few sets in a old aroundsquare bag that I never use)
This is absolutely not the fidget of choice in the office :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing these things for several years, and at first they can seem challenging and boring because of the difficulty, but when you learn how to handle them and link tricks into combos it becomes as addictive and satisfying as the yoyo :wink:

11 Likes

Anyone have any MFD Begleri i can buy?

If you check out the MFD site they have 2 sets of AL begs instock and a bunch of acrylics begs in stock.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I was able to snag a set of Abductors the night they dropped. I really want a set of Cherry Bombs, Ape Grapes, voodoo apes & voodoo kokonuts, and Lantern so damn bad. I had a set of Voodoo kokonuts that i scored for a friend before i had got bit by the Begleri Bug and so ever since ive been desperately tryn to find a set for myself

2 Likes

I don’t sling nearly as much as I used to since picking up yoyo, but here is what is left of the collection. Mostly AO2, RCS, and Aaron’s Barrels. Great to see a good amount of people here are also into begleri.

9 Likes

This is probably a not so easy comparison, but how do the Aarons Barrels play compared to your Sigmas?

1 Like

Similar shapes. In play they’d feel very similar assuming you are comparing the AB to a wood sigma. The faceted sides make the edges at the top of the bead grip the finger a little more than the slope of a sigma. Most notable differences are that wood sigmas come with a metal sigma, while AB sets are wood bead + hex nut. ABs are also always different sizes per drop, most of which are larger than sigmas.