A message to young players...

zack, as the title says, a message to YOUNG player. does it mean something?
kids i know sometimes put so much of themselves into yoyoig, like tremendous effort and bunch of dreams, and make yoyoing is the only thing they appreciate in life.
i can understand…

1 Like

If people don’t laugh at your dream, you aren’t dreaming big enough.

2 Likes

ive done that go to contest and not compete but u still get to trade and learn tricks its as fun as competing

But “profiting” from your sponsor for a reason besides the love to represent them isn’t right.

2 Likes

Yo Mr. Fishy dude. I think what the good Zack is pointing out here is if the whole win contests get a YYF sponsorship, and Mary Anne Connoly part of yoyoing is taking away from your ability to enjoy any aspect of yoyoing, then you need to reconsider your motives. With that in mind find something that makes yoyoing worth while, (ie not proffit, and not making it the very fiber of your being and selfworth.) or save yourself and stop before it really brings you down.

Also great thread you got here.

Samad- Insightful, and funny.

Ladies, he IS single.

dibs

Man Q what"s a brotha gotta do to get an endorsement from you. That was amazing!

yes, but I can never get enough of meeting up with players (I would go to a yoyomeet every week if I could)
So atleast I would have someone to allow me to go to more places (more bars…more places…tmobile…)

Which is why I would only accept a sponsorship right now from onedrop or yyf. Other companies are good, but nothing is more awesome than a 1drop. And yyf…well…lets just say they have cash to blow.

Hardly, yoyo companies don’t make that much even if they are that popular.

That to Mr888 means…

I WANT TO GET SPONSORED SO BAD.

1 Like

ive been competitive in everything I do. If I pick up a hobby, sure as ---- I want to be the best at it

And if a company offers me the chance to become the best, i’m jumping at it…

Since when is a company picking you up making you any better?

GOOD COMPANIES PICK UP GOOD PLAYERS, NOT BAD ONES.

YYF DIDN’T PICK UP TY-SEV AND MOLD HIM INTO A PLAYER.

He was a player before. Sponsorship doesn’t do ANYTHING to make you better (at yoyoing). AT ALL!

4 Likes

[quote=“Q,post:33,topic:21132”]
I know what you’re getting at, but I’m not sure I agree entirely. Being sponsored can motivate you to become better in ways that you normally wouldn’t think or care to. Since you become something of a spokesman for the company, you might begin to pay attention to how professionally you conduct yourself where you otherwise wouldn’t, since you’re not just representing yourself.

Of course, this is not true in all cases (what is?). Salt to taste.

2 Likes

hm?

when you think about it. For the first few contests, you are going to be nervous. The more contests you enter, the faster the nervousness will fade. The more contests you go, the more you are exposed to yoyoing under pressure. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by other players more often, allowing you to bounce tricks/elements of one another.

And that has to do with profitting from being sponsored how?

^

you’re representing you company at more places and preform better in contest situations.

But, it’s more of a personal goal, for me to go to every single contest I can, and sponsorship can make that 1 more contest per year.

The fact that you have to say “I want to get sponsored by this company… or this company” shows how unloyal you are. You shouldn’t accept a sponsorship to a company unless you absolutely love them.

Take Adam Brewster and Tyler Severance for example - they had plenty of offers before getting with the company they wanted, because they loved those companies.

You obviously just want to be on a team because they make good yoyos and can do whatever you want them to.

3 Likes

Sponsorship is a confusing thing, and as far as I’ve heard, you can’t fully understand it until you’re sponsored.