7075 Chief

the last two posts are probably true. I just hope to get it this week. How does that green look on the hulk smash. I haven’t liked how light the green has been lately but it seems like that ano seemed a little darker and more vibrant.

Can I ask what the Bip Bops were selling for?
I got there way to late and the price was covered up with “Sold Out” text.

They were $190.

I am optomisitic that I will get mine tmr. I am anxious to see how the added weight plays… Should be interesting for sure…

Thanks “NavyThrow”, I really wished I had been able to score one. They are clearly pricey, but I would have happily bit the bullet and paid it. I’m guessing that only a small handful were made.

My 7075 Hulk Smash arrived yesterday, and to respond to Mgiroux77’s curiosity, the additional weight plays really well. I have a feeling that Chris may opt to run more at this weight because of the way it plays. It’s definitely the heaviest Chief I own, and I love it. The additional weight seems to amplify the characteristics I like about the Chief to begin with, but then again, I like a slightly heavier YoYo. It’s still a bit floaty even with the extra weight. I do not possess the skill to articulate the subtle difference to anyone other than to say I’m sure you’ll love it. Makes me wish all the Chiefs were a bit heavier.

Kudos to all of those who scored the Bip Bop version, they look absolutely amazing.

That is high praise from someone who has had as many Chief’s as you have. It makes me even more anxious to get mine.

Everyone should try a 7075 throw if you get the chance! They somehow just feel better than their 6061 counterparts. I haven’t tried the 7075 chief though…

Mine arrived fast(ordered it last Jan. 19) considering I’m from the Philippines.
It is in our local post office and I’m getting it tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Just got it and all I can say is WOW… Chris was so right about the weight. It does NOT feel like 68.4 grams!!! Not even close. Still has that nice Chief feel and float just more solid!!! Oh boy am I happy I snagged one!!!

Very nice clean splash on that one.

I am glad I got one also. The original Chief was remarkable in that Chris designed a throw that seemingly maximized the properties of 6061 to create a yoyo that had many of the spin-characteristics of a 7075 yoyo. It was almost like the Chief compensated for the lower density with the additional inner ring. That made the Chief a 6061 yoyo that performed much like a 7075 in terms of spin-time.

This new Chief confirms this with a Chief that feels very much like the original, but displays a few notable differences. The first impression I had was “Wow, this does not feel all that different from my original Chief”. It certainly does not feel appreciably heavier than the original. I would have to rate the original as a bit faster due to the weight; but not a huge difference. Because the Chief was always a bit floaty, the weight addition does not add speed. Throwing it for a bit more time; as well as switching back and forth between the two reveals the biggest difference: stability. This 7075 Chief is far more stable than the original. Indeed, the 7075 Chief could probably take a hit from a cruise-missle and still land right on the string without a hiccup. Amazing. I would think that 5A players would find this a particularly good choice.

WOW man I can’t believe it but I agree with EVERYTHING you just said!!! HAHA

I just received my 7075 Chief and I have to completely agree with this post. Another review is not needed, well done sir. You had me excited for my throw and it did not let me down. Plays exactly like this and it’s wonderful.

I tend to agree with Stookie in that I don’t really care for many 7075 throws because they feel a bit hollow and weird. The idea of using existing designs and just machining out of higher grade aluminum does appeal to me though. The GZRs and AL7’s were awesome. Way better than their 6061 counterparts in my opinion. If only I could get my hands on a GZR Code 2… Needless to say, I was soo excited when I heard about these but new i couldn’t afford one. I always tend to like heavier throws (67-69 gram range), and always thought the 65 gram chief was a bit too light. I bought a 66 gram one and still thought it was light. I managed to get a Hulk smash 7075 in a trade and it’s perfect. It still maintains all the lay characteristics of the original Chief, just heavier and a tad longer spin times. Brilliant idea. I hope he does some more runs, i would like to acquire some different colorways.

All the time ;).

Oops just bought a 7075 Chief on accident… dang it… Saskatoon blizzard can’t be that bad tho rite?

Well, you’re not going to buy just one Chief anyway. :wink:

You’ll love the 7075. I don’t know that I prefer mine over the 6061…but I certainly like it every bit as much.

-bpg

ah thats good to know… cant wait…

btw how long did shipping take?

Long… it took me a out 3 weeks.

I live in Las Vegas and everything I’ve ordered from the CLYW store has arrived pretty much 2 weeks to-the-day after I initially placed the order.