5a may tutorials

As 5a may comes up what are some great places to find tutorials in 5a for beginners, intermediate and advanced. Let’s dig up those old YouTube videos and such.

4 Likes

Ive only made it through like the first tutorial :rofl:.

But the best ive found is by @JeiCheetah . He made a whole playlist.

3 Likes

Quoc Anh Has some great advanced yoyo tutorials. A little too hard for me, but others may enjoy the tricks.

4 Likes

You can also find a couple in youtube from a famous japanese store. The you know who app has a few trick tutorials. Finally, Miguel Gorrea, Takuma Inoue (5a digger) and Ji Hoo lee have a lot of vids to go around.

2 Likes

That’s one of the coolest 5A tricks I’ve seen. Way above my play grade at the moment, but that’s a good one to aspire to. I feel like 5A only has tutorials for the very basics, then it’s just videos of crazy combos with tricks that I can’t discern. Glad this one breaks the mold.

As for the thread in general, Josh Yee and Miguel Correa are helpful (as others have already mentioned). Dylan Kowalski also has some basics and random ones, but overall less comprehensive than those already mentioned.

1 Like
3 Likes

I actually started tackling some of those type of tutorials a little while back. (Except I was using the ones from Hydrangea. https://www.youtube.com/@hydrangeayoyo) They’re similar in style to these. And at first I thought they’d be way above my paygrade. And they do take me a while to get down. But I’ve found that as long as I’m not expecting to do them at the speed and fluency as the people teaching the trick…I actually manage to learn them. This one looks doable as well if you look at the breakdown.

Just expect to do a lot of knot untying while you’re learning.

2 Likes

I’m still working on getting the aforementioned basics down at the moment, but I choose to accept that mission one day. Definitely looks doable with lots of practice, my trusty toothpick (for knots), and a tutorial as clear as that one.

1 Like