Beverchaku's 5a breakdowns

Yo dudes! This thread will be 5a combo breakdowns with a focus on more “tech 5a” movements. Lots of people talking about wanting to get into 5a but getting stuck after the fundamentals. I’m trying to change that with breakdowns of more advanced, less flashy, more techy 5a combos. Toss a CW on your main throw and lets all do some 5a!!!

[01] Suspense, a 5a combo to boost CW control.

[02] Tower to Tower, a favorite of mine

This one’s tough. But probably my favorite trick at the moment. Came up with it back in 2011 ish, but never found a good ending for it. This one’s pretty wonky but feels so cool when you get it smooth. This trick puts your CW flick to the test for sure. I also don’t think this would get any clicks in a contest, but it’s very fun and i think, pretty cool looking. I added an alternate ending to this one, since my ending is so worky, the alternate ending is mainly an easier (hopefully) way to get out of the tangled mess these towers are.

[03] Box-o-Mangos.

A wrist mount, tower, triangle Bro and a cross arm bind. A bit of a wonky one.

[04] Just a bunch of mounts!

17 Likes

Thank you! Will post an update once I learn it.

1 Like

Hey that’s me! Exciting, gonna have to try this.

1 Like

New trick added! Tower to Tower. Good luck!

Any elements or types of movements that you wanna learn, let me know and i will try and come up with something involving those elements. Shall be a fun challenge and will force my trick bag bigger. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Aye I know I’m a little late but I just wanted to say thanks for doing this! I was at the point where I was kinda stuck with 5a and the basics but I can’t wait to try and learn these today and hope you’re gonna be doing some more soon. Every tutorial ever should have a slow-mo/high-speed breakdown

2 Likes

Yo bro my request would be for any intermediate type moves around the skill level of Suspense that you think are cool. Love your style man. Working on Suspense today and it’s a really cool trick.

So basically stuff for someone who knew helicopter, beesting and butterfly and was looking for more visually impressive things like that

1 Like

Just wanted to link this here also:

6 Likes

Awesome!!! I will def be coming up with some new ones!

4 Likes

Had some time today and learned EP2. Since you said you enjoy seeing somebody doing your tricks I recorded it. Needs some time to get it flowing but here it is :smile: @Beverchakus

6 Likes

For other people learning 5A I think a weird kinda barrier is when you understand concepts, but can’t yet figure out ways to apply them. For people learning the first combo, if you want to try adding some extra flair to it, you can do some essentially pointless extra cw revolutions or rebounds as a flourish. Just do one movement extra, and then a second movement to get back to where you started, then continue on with the combo. Hopefully this way of looking at it might help you start adding in rebounds or efan stuff into your 5A.

Also as a request for @Beverchakus maybe for future tutorial you could do something with dunks as a concept? You’re like the resident Dunk-head (I say this in an endearing way), I feel like dunks are hella rare to see anybody throwing in modern 5A.

Thanks for putting out these tutorials and getting more people throwing 5A. I said this before and I’ll say it again, this is the kinda tut content 5A needs more of. I’ve tried making tutorial content in the past and mine was so bad compared to yours.

12 Likes

That was awesome!!!

1 Like

Love this idea!! See what i can come up with!

3 Likes

Been slackin’ hard. But number 3 is up! This one is hard to hit smoothly.

5 Likes

Glad you’re back at it bc these are sick and you should do your repeater for good control eventually. I saw it on here somewhere and tried it for a little while but caught up at this one part and couldn’t get past it. It’s the catch of the Yoyo and cw after they both pinwheel together In that repeater. I don’t know where that vid is now but it’s somewhere here. Just couldn’t figure that part out. Like how to space them back out after they come together to pinwheel together.

1 Like

Was it a repeater where i never touch the CW? That one’s super fun. Even if it’s not the same one you’re talking about, it’s great for boosting CW control because… you need it for this one. I’ll do that one next. A repeater would be a good one to add.

1 Like

It was this one and I’m down for any and all repeaters!

2 Likes

Aaah that one! I can do both!

After another long break from these, ep 4 is mounts. Some staples, some easy ones, couple of my favs.

7 Likes

Nice!! I will definitely be learning these.

I remember learning other mounts in your old 5a mounts tutorial way back in 07 or 08.

1 Like

Some of the more advanced ones you’ve shown are…daunting for me. But this mounts one really gets me hyped. I’m tackling some of those today I think.

3 Likes