Beverchakus 5a video ft. Nicky Rebound

Some 5a featuring the JB Nicky Rebound. The rebound blew me away like no other throw has and the nickel one is… just beautiful. so this is a tribute to the Nicky Rebound and to show what i’ve been working on.

Also +1 for DedhedDesign CW’s. They can take a serious beating. So can the Rebound.

Oh, i’m also using 100% Nylon string from String Werx which has also been blowing me away.

Thanks dudes.

18 Likes

It’s nice to see a new video form you. You’ve got some really great stuff in there.

Thanks dude! I’m so glad i’m back throwing again. Missed it way more then i thought.

Awesome as always, thanks for the long format edit. Tons of heat.

Is there a trick you could recommend learning to help me get into the style of 5A that moves the CW around like JonRob and yourself?

I think part of not playing 5A for me is that it’s hard to get into the classic JonRob style without tutorials or a place to “start” like how 1A is laid out with a progressive “learn this, then that, then this.”

I find that it’s difficult for me to properly control the CW and know where I need to aim it? There’s so many minute little movements in yoyoing, that getting into 5A where you’re moving the CW more, not the Yo-Yo is something that’s almost “foreign” feeling when you switch from modern 1A.

So getting some sort of basic trick to repeat for my brain to make the connections would help me dip my toes in this style, which I’d love to do.

Appreciate all the 5A stuff since you’ve been back.

5 Likes

Fire with that ice! :fire: :ice_cube:

1 Like

Hm, you know, you’re right. All the 5a tutorials are more flashy “normal” 5a. I have a handfull of repeaters i like to do as a warm up. Maybe this can be my next project. I could make some tutorials with heavy string/ CW movements. Could make tutorials for the tricks in this video. Most of the combos i did are actually just 2 or 3 shorter tricks put together. I could break them down into their single trick sections and add to the pool of tutorials as well.

6 Likes

:pray: that would be awesome! Any sort of tutorial would definitely be appreciated!

2 Likes

@Beverchakus was my intro to tech 5a back in the day. The first 5a tech thrower I remember seeing, and it’s what got me into 5a (although I suck now since I don’t throw as much).

He already has some tutorials from back in the day, which is where I started. I don’t know if you’ve seen these. They might help.

More tutorials are always welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ahh yeah! I forgot about those! My old channel has some nuggets on there lol. Can’t log into that one anymore sadly.

1 Like

Thank you, greatly appreciate the video links. Added to the list of things to learn.