50/50 yoyo thread 11/16 50/50 production run is SOLD OUT!

Looks good man. I think the reduced rim weight is a good move for this design, extra wide with too much rim weight isn’t that fun anyway.

3 Likes

I agree with that! I love the qubit size and shape but the heavy feeling it has is what I am trying to avoid with this design. The rim weight is about the same overall, but its spread out a lot more evenly. Hopefully it’ll play nice because of that. Sorry I had to get rid of the IGR tho :confused:

3 Likes

I do like the idea of the IGR for weight distribution on organics, but thinking about how wide this one is it’s probably the right move to get rid of it (even if it was a forced decision lol). The even weight distribution gives it a cleaner look and I bet it’s going to feel lighter and handle direction changes better in play.

2 Likes

Agree with the look, hope it has those characteristics in play too. We will see!

1 Like

seeing this fleshed out in physical form is so incredibly exciting. the second picture is awesome.

so glad to hear things are smoothening out for you mate. can’t wait!! : ) please let us know as and when you have updates!

3 Likes

Thanks! Its definitely a relief. I’ll update when ano is done and when theyre delivered!

2 Likes

That’s a good looking shape. Sweet organic @hobbygod, nice work!!!

1 Like

Thank you! Looks a lot thinner than it actually is I think.

2 Likes

This screams my “laid back” style play (I mean laid back because I don’t do a ton of modern stuff and by modern I mean speed combos, tech, horizontal, etc). Great job my bro. :v:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks man. Its meant to be a laid back throw, glad you like it.

5 Likes

For the past few months I haven’t really been posting as I’m more of a listener than a contributor, so I’ve just been browsing the threads. when I saw this I thought it was a fantastic idea, I really like organic shapes however the only ones I’ve been interested in are A-rt stuff, these are a little out of my price range at the moment and part of the reason I like them so much is the collectibility. Yoyofactory and other big brands just don’t really interest me. I feel like this throw is the perfect balance of rarity and affordability. That lavender color is sweet as well.

2 Likes

Sorry if I missed it but have you settled on a engraving yet?

2 Likes

Appreciate it man! Something I enjoyed from when I first started yoyoing is how limited a lot of yoyos were, which is something I wanted to bring back with this release as there will only be 50 + 5 protos floating around. There are other throws that are rare or sought after such as A-RT yoyos (and for good reason!) But there are still plenty out there! This one is also going to be around the 50-55 dollar mark as well. Glad you like it!

Also, no engraving planned as of yet. Once I have the yoyo in hand I’ll try to figure out an engraving :slight_smile:

5 Likes

nice work man :heart:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:much love.

1 Like

Really happy to see you get closer to production on this project. I know you’ve spent many, many hours working on this in Fusion360 and planning out how it should look and play.

4 Likes

Thanks, and you would definitely know :rofl::rofl::rofl: God only knows how many messages I’ve sent you over this yoyo.

3 Likes

That looks wicked. You’re killing it with these designs lately. Is that purple ano happening? Because it looks perfect.

1 Like

Thank you! Green is gonna be the proto colors, but the lavender is the planned production color tho :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Protos shipping tomorrow! Should see them around Tuesday-Thursday

Edit: anodized pics. @twitch77 what do you think of this green?:rofl:

20 Likes