3YO3 Logo Design Contest!!!! Win an Al5 :)

those are good

Haha those are some sweet colors :slight_smile:

I’m so excited about all the awesome designs I’ve been receiving! You guys are great!! Remember there are still 4 more days (after today) to submit an entry. I can’t wait to see what else you’ll come up with! Thank you all for your support, it really means a lot!! ;D

thanks man. I originally had it symmetrical but with the 3s being shaped how they are it looked weird. I’m diggin your entries as well. Good job bro

Ahh I think you misunderstood me (or maybe I, you). The top and bottom of the 3s need to be symmetrical, like this:

That way you get symmetry throughout the design.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

I understand that totally but the program I used wouldn’t let me reverse the direction of the number,only turn it by degrees. I will prob try and find a way to tweak it thou. Thanks for the feedback it’s appreciated.

You won’t be able to do what Links suggests unless you edit the vector directly. You would put the text into your program as text, then convert to outlines (using Adobe Illustrator terminology… other vector editing programs might be different), split the 3 in half, mirror the desired half and delete the other half, then merge the now-mirrored “3” back into one shape. This one symmetrical shape then gets the treatment you already gave it (rotating in degrees).

If Landon likes your design in general, I would be happy to help “tweak” it to be production-ready. As Links already demonstrated, I’m sure he would, too!

Thats what i was gunna try to Do. I’m going to redo the logo and post it again in the morning.i appreciate the help. If something happens And I’m not able to I will def contact you.

What do you guys think of these? They’ve been emailed.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/MikeEff/3yo3_zps5e037b9f.jpg

Good stuff. I had a very similar idea to the top one, so when I submit it I hope you don’t think I ripped you off. :wink:

The middle one is the most “clever”, I think. The bottom one is the most “modern” but at the same time less useful in small sizes.

Overall, I think the top one hits the most design notes. :slight_smile:

Here’s an updated version.

the top one reminds me too much of the 888 logo, though

Here’s mine. I drew them on paper by hand, so they are not perfect. To Landon: I think I emailed this pic to you, but I’m not sure because my computer was acting up.

I made one almost exactly like the middle one except instead of the little black triangle in the Y, I have the top of the 3 going down into it. I figured someone would also make something like this, granted I used a different font, etc.

Cool stuff though

Thank you guys for your feedback. I appreciate it.
Yeah, the ideas aren’t super original, so I won’t feel like anyone else copied these if they submit similar entries.

I made a small tweak to the second one because I saw a triangle forming. So I finished it off.
Thanks again you guys.
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/MikeEff/3yo3_ver2_zps1f1fee32.jpg

I’ve never really messes around with Photoshop or Illustrator before. Here is my first go at it.

Note, I only used black, red, and blue for the “string” because thats they way it showed up best for the transparent background.
Opinions welcome.

I really like your first and second ones because I think they do what a logo ought to do. They’re simple ways of immediately identifying a brand, and they could be placed anywhere easily.

I like some of the other ideas in this thread and they’re very good illustrations, but few are actually as functional as logos (imo). At various sizes and distances they would be less legible or mistaken for something else, and that defeats the purpose of a logo.

@cruton: the yoyo profiles as 3s is pretty neat! It would need some “cleaning up” by a professional to be a final logo, but as a concept it’s cool.

Thanks, Stookie.
Here’s my last go at it. I think I’m falling for the 2nd one because I keep wanting to add to it.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii584/MikeEff/3yo3_ver3_zps9384fae8.jpg

Nice improvements, Mike! I’m also loving that middle one.

The outline nailed it. That middle one is awesome.