2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Just looping for 2 minutes is a trick upon itself, let alone tricks.

4 Likes

2 minutes straight of looping is outside my skill set. I look at the vids I posted here and I have 30 seconds of content tops and it’s like 16 loops and 16 hops :joy:

I could do that and then follow up with some of the simpler around the worlds…

6 Likes

Kind of a cool commentary on how Shu played simply on AGT

3 Likes

Figured out that a shim on those sochi loop spinners was the way to go to get similar reapinse to the blue red setup on my loop 720’s. Just got these and got them adjusted need to figure out the difference between the stock plastic spacers and the metal spacers they sell. Also need a way to consistently set them thinking maybe pennies or something.

7 Likes

…loop ups, you mean?

These are loop ups. I was saying the sochi loop spinners i posted the other day are now set up like loop 720’s. Sorry.

2 Likes

Oh, that makes way more sense LOL

Edit: rereading more carefully, to respond to the bit about the metal spacers - plastic spacers let you set the gap manually by turning the half on the lock nut side and then tightening the nut, and the metal spacers have a gap set based on the spacers, so you don’t need a locking nut.

Cool. So the metal spacers essentially make them not adjustable anymore.

Managed to squeeze in a little 2A by the end of the night. Throwing the Loop 2020s. The left one feels snaggier than when last I played them; maybe I need to break in the string a little more to smooth it out.

12 Likes

Very nice looking 2020’s

3 Likes

Thanks! I got them from @Captrogers. I really like the blasted finish, which I don’t have on any of my other loopers. The adjustable bits are a little gimmicky but I’ve only really played two sets of settings. I might try tweaking them again tomorrow.

4 Likes

Shoot the Moon & Looping on a Rusted Car trick aka The Tetanus Shot

https://x.com/StringslingerNM/status/1721756803682189819?s=20

8 Likes
2 Likes

Gah. I’m working from home today!

2A Tuesday, Initiate!

12 Likes

Mail day!

10 Likes

A tricky 2A trick if you haven’t seen it yet:

Happy Tuesday! I’m on a yo-yo maintenance break for a while since my home office is getting renovated, so these Hornets have not been recently lubed and their strings are mad old. They still play.

12 Likes

I just noticed Sunrises are in stock here:

It’s a small saving over buying 720s and the kit, and maybe a wash over buying a pair of the Popstars plus axles plus kits?

I happen to like the graphics better than the default 720.

6 Likes

Happy Tuesday! Playing the YYF Holiday Throw this AM. They’re still set up stock with a transaxle. I’ll probably convert them to regular 720 guts or sunrises later today.

12 Likes

So. Since the beginning of the year I’ve
tried to find the bearing driven looper that I like the best. I ended up being able to loop the Saber Raider the best. Growing up for me it was the Glow Imperial so when new ones came out I had to get some. Now I am able to loop the Imperial like a madman!! Even left handed I’m looping the Imperial so much better than with any bearing looper. I guess I just realized I like a “fixed axle” looper the best. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes