2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

The flat capped loopers are a lot of fun, nice to have something different

9 Likes

AllYoYo 720s tonight. Iā€™d been playing Loop Ups the past few days and thing I prefer the spacer adjusted gap of the 720. The Loop Up is just a bit hard to dial in and if you donā€™t tighten it right it might loosen and mess up your gap.

I just worked my last day in 2023. The next few days while the kids are still in school is the real vacation.

11 Likes

Happy Tuesday! Iā€™m playing the Something LP today. One was grinding a bit so I cleaned and lubed both bearings. Playing smooth bow. Maybe a bit slow.

9 Likes

Happy 2024! I finally found my spare 720 axle, and so after harvesting the axle from a SnapBack (seen here enviously looking on and pondering its new existence as a SpinStar) I was able to install a fresh Sunrise kit and have bearinged Happy Holidays throws from YYF.

Edit: maybe itā€™s just that I havenā€™t cleaned, lubed, and restrung any of my loopers in a while and this one is all minty fresh, but these things absolutely rip. Super fun with the Sunrise kit.

11 Likes

Itā€™s restringing day! For one reason or another Iā€™ve been unable to restring my loopers for about a month (I usually restring every other time I play a pair). Iā€™ve unfortunately run out of Sochi Loop string so Iā€™m going to have to knot and cut strings down myself :cry:

Iā€™m restringing with a Rewind looping blend sent to me by @TommyBwell in orange and Kitty Normal in white.

10 Likes

Well Iā€™m glad Iā€™m done with that :hot_face:

Throwing the Loop Ups today!

10 Likes

Nice storage box!

1 Like

Thanks! A mail order whiskey tasting came in it from back at the beginning of the pandemic when work was trying to make being remote fun :grin:

2 Likes

Finally found my perfect setup. C3 initiator. Sochi string.

11 Likes

This is an awesome setup! I typically use Kitty Normal on mine.

3 Likes

I use OT slim, 82cm on mine.

10 Likes

Tuesdays goneā€¦

Loop 2020s for the rest of the evening.

9 Likes

Those look great and I know they play very well. And an excellent song along with simple man. Always play one or both when jamming with drummer across the street.

4 Likes

Well I finally have my 720 collection fully rounded out with the addition of a few new pairs during Christmas. Iā€™m honestly baffled as to how the new ones to the left (excluding the LEDā€™S) play with ZERO lube. Just a bearing cleaning and wow do they respond great and spin a long time. It really must come down to the difference in spacer tolerance. Never understood until today how some guys donā€™t lube them at all.

The LEDā€™s play heavy, but are a lot of funā€¦ was going to try to upload a video but it doesnā€™t appear to be an option outside of recording one liveā€¦ anyone know if thereā€™s a workaround to that?

13 Likes

You can upload to YouTube, insta, or Imgur and it will embed here if you put the link on a line by itself.

Oh, maybe discord too?

2 Likes

Little fountain and some looping with the new LEDā€™sā€¦ bout the best a gigantic dude can do in a small room with low ceilings. :joy: These things are a ton of fun!

11 Likes
13 Likes

Thats amazing Connor!!

4 Likes

It has been a ridic hard day.

Bringing out my Tuesdayā€™s Best to unwind.

11 Likes

And rewind, and unwind, and rewind, and unwind, andā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes