2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

As far as close to LSLite, highly recommend the Slim Coar-tex string by @p44company

The difference is p44 has a longer string length around 140cm and also made with nylon poly blend. Perfectly works on my loop spinners and 720.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t tried opaque 720 so I canā€™t say.

1 Like

Not sure if itā€™s a real thing, but in my opinion the opaque loop 720s feel way better. I have had a couple translucent pairs (USA print, gold foil, and silver foil). Even with the same spacer setup, I preferred the feel of the opaque (yellow, orange, white) 720 bodies better.

5 Likes

I concur, the opaque 720s feel more substantial. It may be a mind trick, but it is my preference. (And, way better than the 2020 IMHO.)

3 Likes

Florida states party has started!

Connor Scholten shared a post on Instagram: "@dennisjshatter @tricksyouforgot44 @docluckymeisenheimer #2a4fun #2ayoyo #trickcircle #jojo #yoyo #yoyoing #yoyohoneysingh #looplog #yoyotricks #yoyotrickstagram #yoyomaniacs". Follow their account to see...

8 Likes

You will definitely need a ZGRT tool to all of those tangles out!

Iā€™m finally feeling very comfortable in my 2A setup, so I decided to completely shake that up and play Imperials today. They were really bad with the stock string but are working surprisingly well with OTS thin. I have to play them way slower than my Loop 720s and with way more wrist.

Edit: turns out the red one eats string for breakfast. Maybe itā€™s one of the scored axles? Iā€™ll have to pick up another to see if itā€™s better.

6 Likes

Maybe cut a few strips of different grits sandpaper to polish it a bit?

1 Like

fixed Imperials are notorious for string cuts if you play long enough due to high friction from the metal axle, but still fun to do classic tricks thought if you donā€™t mind having multiple string cuts.

1 Like

I can try this out over the weekend maybe.

1 Like

I have plenty of butterflies and nothing has been like this red Imperial. It cut through two strings very quickly.

1 Like

Connor Scholten shared a post on Instagram: "Shoot the.. quarter off my own ear. #yoyo #2ayoyo #2a4fun #2a #yoyoing #yoyotrick #quarter #jojoing @floridayoyo #trickcircle". Follow their account to see 141 posts.

6 Likes

Happy Winter Solstice and Happy Chanukah!

Iā€™ve been playing 2A more frequently. I like the grind of trying to perfect just a small set of moves (for now). Hereā€™s some progress vids I managed to grab today of two handed play.

Milk the Cow:

Practicing Inner Loops (couldnā€™t get a good clean take):

9 Likes

Itā€™s a new year and those 2A resolutions hopefully turn into two handed revolutions. @DocPop posted this inspiration of Farrah Siegelā€™s 2007 Nationals routine the other week that is just awesome. Even @Evan_Nagao posted in the comments " 1:14 goes hard af " . Going to try and learn that elbow move she has on lock.

15 Likes

Brand new to 2a, on basic inside loops I cannot seem to make the yoyo flip. I can do 5-10 loops consistently when itā€™s not flipping but I know thatā€™s improper so I want to fix it before I develop bad habits. Any tips? I try (and fail) to angle the yoyo at 1ā€™ clock like people mention. Iā€™m happy to keep trying until I can really feel out the right way to do it.

Whatā€™s really cool about Farrahā€™s routine is that there are hardly any loops in the entire routine. There are a few punching bags, but most of the tricks that look like loops are actually shoot the moons, clovers, or palm stalls. I love how those tricks work in a 2A performance.

6 Likes

Like a lot of the top 2A routines, this just seems like magic to me. I donā€™t have any idea how people get to this level regardless of how many years of practice. Itā€™s astounding and inspiring but also daunting.

5 Likes

Happy Tuesday! Hereā€™s my kit today (same as every day, the Loop 720s).

Iā€™ve been playing 2A every day this year so far! Iā€™m definitely seeing improvements, but itā€™s beyond my camera skills to meaningfully capture them.

Any tips for moving from one handed hop the fence to a one handed punching bag? I tried exaggerating the throw a bit and it still seems like it just goes straight down.

7 Likes

Grinding grinding grinding

7 Likes

You can get the yoyo to shoot forward by adjusting your timing.

1 Like