2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Been a while, going back to basics.

Duncan Imperial x2

10 Likes

Same same. They are so slow compared to my Loop 720s, but it really forces me to exaggerate the movements, which has overall been better for my form.

11 Likes

2A with extra consequences. I’m only doing one at a time right now.

9 Likes

Still playing 2A most days. I wanted to record a progress video but I’m having my house interior painted and can’t really get to my usual space.

9 Likes

I’ve been favoring a pair of orange/clear half-swap Hornets I received for the holidays. I also picked up a couple of the fuscia Butterflys that I also love for looping. Haven’t had as much time lately for practice but I work it in when I can.

8 Likes

You can feel the fever now is burnin’ wild

11 Likes

These TK Purgatory 1 Light and Dark 1/2 swaps are my favorite pair of loopers. Today I’m finally coming to terms with Jon Gates’ Stalls.

10 Likes

10 Likes, 0 Comments - Connor Scholten (@tricksyouforgot44) on Instagram: "I got new toy. #glow #glowup #yoyoing #trickcircle #2a4fun #2ayoyo #looplog #yoyo #yoyoconcept #y..."

9 Likes

Happy Tuesday. The usual kit. I was planning to record a progress vid because I feel like I’m getting better but alas, only of my kids has no school due to the potential snow that never really came. Maybe next week.

6 Likes

You know @TryCatchThrow as long as you are in the privacy of your own home with the blinds drawn you can throw 2a on other days. I did it on a Thursday once.

5 Likes

Thanks @TommyBwell! I actually play some 2A most days now, but I tend to only post in the 2A Tuesday thread on Tuesday.

Truth be told, I do feel like when I had a better throwtation I was posting more in the “What are you throwing” and other threads, and was overall a bit more engaged with the forum. Now that I throw my Loop 720s most days, I feel less inclined to share them again and again, so I’ve kind of just made a ritual out of checking in here. I’d post progress vids, but they are harder to make, and I don’t feel like I see the progress on video very well partially because of my recording constraints.

In the comfort of my own home, I feel perfectly comfortable playing 2A with the blinds up :face_in_clouds:

5 Likes

I was going after 2a pretty hard mid last year. I always looked forward to Tuesdays because of the additional activity here. I’m not sure you could really pic it up just doing it one day a week.

Today is not Tuesday.

I planned to play my new to me Hornets today but accidentally started a maintenance quest. I tried to pop out the caps to swap them, but failed miserably. When I put everything back together, the gap on one throw was too small. I must have reinstalled one of the shims incorrectly (maybe they aren’t bidirectional? I have a Spire where if you install the seemingly same sided shims in backwards it doesn’t spin). So I had to remove everything and start over. Finally got them back to playing shape.

10 Likes

I’m proud of you Keith!! :smiling_face_with_tear: That’s a really cool half swap.

1 Like

its 2A tuesday and I forgot to clean my loopers weekly. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ohh man this might be the most helpful thread I’ve found in regards to my old Raider. Thank you.

5 Likes

Good call. I don’t know that I’ve ever cleaned mine.

4 Likes

I re-lube every third or fourth string change. Haven’t cleaned them yet…

1 Like

I managed to reopen the gap on my Hornet by wedging it open with two penny stacks over the weekend.

They are playing much better now!

Does anyone know what other caps fit the Hornet? I happen to strongly dislike the look of the yellow transparent ones.

9 Likes

Ok guys I’m taking the plunge and going to try to learn 2A for realsies. I am torn between 720’s and Initiators. Mostly just because I love C3.

Are the 720’s the safer bet due to the community knowledge around them, or could I still get Initiators and have the same awesome support I’ve seen in this thread for 720’s, Hornets, and (sometimes?) Raiders?

Edit: Also if you’re looking to offload a good condition pair of 720’s, hit me up!

3 Likes