2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

I don’t think the difference is that significant. I would get whatever you think looks nicer.

That said, I do endorse the 720s as my primary pair. I use the Sunrise kit (which makes them like the Match) but there isn’t a huge difference.

2 Likes

If I’m going off looks alone, it’ll be whichever I can make a slick halfswap out of lol.

Are parts kits for the Sunrise and 720 ubiquitous, or would I need to find kits specifically for my model looper?

Edit: Never mind I found THP edition in stock and will be grabbing a set of 720’s. Then reading this whole thread in detail before they arrive lol.

2 Likes

The THP editions are :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

They look it! And swapping the clear and black caps will be nice. Also got a 100pk of sochi normal for them since I only have BadWolfe Sliccs and kot-n right now. Wish me luck!

I’m planning to pick up a highlighter yellow soon to do mix and matches with my solid orange, green, and black, one pair with the sunrise kit and one pair stock.

2 Likes

I have a boatload of 720’s and a pair of Initiators. I think the 720 is the gold standard but I can’t say it’s better than the Initiator. If you are a C3 fan I would absolutely go with the Initiator. You will still get the support of the group if needed.

3 Likes

I appreciate it! Trigger pulled on the 720s already but if I get even halfway decent at looping I’ll grab a set on Initiators as well.

3 Likes

@adamantiumpops I made you a meme to get you started.

5 Likes

^^^ That really sums it up.

That’s kind of exactly where I’m at. I made a commitment to myself to be able to two handed loop by my birthday. I’ve tried on and off for a couple decades but never fully committed.

9 Likes

Here’s a progress update from me. I’ve been hitting the 2A hard recently. Stay till the end to see me totally just drop a throw after catching it!

16 Likes

Wow Keith. You are figuring it out. I can milk the cow but can’t get alternating loops. Nothing better than landing a trick then dropping the catch.

4 Likes

Ive been thinking of doing the same lately, I’ve been enjoying doing one handed loops on my walks and its been giving me the itch.

I’ve been deciding between the 720’s, Hornets, and Match’s (720’s with bigger bearings essentially), and have been having a hard time deciding.

1 Like

Following in the same boat. Been thinking about picking up a pair because 2a looks fun but I don’t know anything about it

1 Like

Knowing that you use the Sunrise kit is actually a huge help for my decision making lol, thank you!

2 Likes

Until someone else just said it I didn’t realize the Match has a different bearing. I just have one but I really enjoy it. I also have a pair of 720’s with the Sunrise mod. I’m going to do some additional research now.

3 Likes

I just bit the bullet and ordered a fourth Loop 720 and the blue spacer kit. I’m going to have one pair set up with the sunrise kit and I’m going to try the blue and red spacer combo on the other, or stick with reds if I don’t like that.

3 Likes

Blue/red is a slightly wider gap correct? Also it is the same as purple spacers too or am I mistaken?

1 Like

I am not sure about the purple. Yes it is a wider gap, which I personally don’t think I’m going to be that into but I’d like to give it a try.

The wider gap should give a little more kickback, will be interesting to see your thoughts after trying it out

1 Like

This post alleges that purples are same size as reds but with more strict tolerances.

3 Likes