2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Been a couple weeks.
Time to get back to it

11 Likes

Why doesn’t anyone in the states carry Blitz Ball’s? I got these last week and really like them. Plus their spacers are actually different sizes.

10 Likes

I know nothing about this throw. Is it one of the Loop 720 variants?

1 Like

I don’t believe it is Keith. It does run a k beating but past that the dimensions are all slightly different.

3 Likes

Happy Tuesday! Same old kit today.

I changed up my practice routine today to work on making my loops cleaner. I’ve been two handing inner loops and milk the cow for 2-3 reps a side and trying to keep everything clean, and it’s helped me pick up the rhythm of two handing much better. I’m finishing today much more confidently than when I started.

12 Likes

Still the Loops but now trying Sochi Loop string. So far so good. I otherwise throw the Fist Salud loop string or OTS normal

13 Likes

What is your impression on loop strings? And very cute image

1 Like

The Sochi Loop string was a bit too unresponsive on first play. It really forced me to be quite intentional with tugging to respond. I tried double looping on the axle but that was too responsive. I’m going to play with them a bit more before I have a well formed opinion.

4 Likes

not 2a tuesday but I decided to get serious into looping since last year, watching shinjis recent contest (2016-2018) made me wanna buy a hornet. My double handed loops are now consistent but still suck at milking the cow (both hands but I can do it only on my dominant hand tho) and wraps. :sweat_smile:

Related to this comment, I made an mod video for hornets using the old ballistic caps to make it more like a raider shape.

11 Likes

Anyone have a good alternative to Loop String Lite by Fist Salud? It is my preferred string for 2A and it’s sold out on YYE (and any other stores I’ve checked)!

I’ve tried Sochi Loop and my throws tend to slack out at the end. I’ve double looped it but then it’s too snappy. I also play OTS Normal because it’s my bulk string and I have a to. It’s ok, but I prefer the Loop String Lite.

2 Likes

I’m also keen to try these soon, I own a pair of loop infinity so I reckon the updated version (blitz ball) is better.

1 Like

Been comparing all the different loopers, some are mine, some are loans from a friend.
My personal favorite is the Blitzballs simply for the cost vs value ratio.

10 Likes

curious to know how’s the overall feel of the blitz ball?

They play great. Compared to the 720, the Blitzball have slightly lower starburst, so to get the same response you need to close the gap a bit further on the Blitzball, so it will loop slightly downward than the 720. But comparing with 1080 the Blitzball loops more upward with the same response setting. It’s like between the feel of 720 and 1080.

2 Likes

That’s interesting to hear, is the plastic quality the same as the old fireball or the loop infinity version 1? Dunno if you owned this two yoyos ive mentioned but Im currently owning a loop infinity s atm for edc.

Seeing the price I thought it would suck, but it is definitely a good quality plastic, not sure compared to the old Fireball but Blitz is definitely better than the 2014-ish ones. The molding is also consistent even with different colors. I have three pairs that plays pretty much exactly the same.

1 Like

This sold me out
Thank you for your feedbacks! I’m planning to purchase some new pairs of blitz ball this week since I’m always using infinity s and hornets for awhile. :grin:

I tried for 20 minutes to record a video progress update, but was stricken with “can’t land anything on video-itis”, so I’m just posting a pic instead.

The kit looks the same today, but actually has some updates. The Loop 720s now have the Sunrise bearings and spacers installed. I don’t feel a significant difference yet. I’m also trying OTS Slim string and am thus far happy.

8 Likes

I tried looping once, hit myself in the face
not the thread for me

3 Likes

Do you feel a difference between the translucent and opaque loop 720s?

I’ve heard that the opaque 720s feel a bit more solid.

1 Like