2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

nice to see you practice on tuesdays again :smiley:

2 Likes

The Loop 2020 looks incredible with LEDs!

7 Likes

Wrap tricks are s fun 2A looping concept, but it was cool to see yesterday, 0A master mind @edhaponik applying the wrap concept to unresponsive 1A. Good inspiration to throw a few wraps into some 2A Tuesday practice.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWlNH1iFU6q/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

For some 2A Tuesday motivation and pure amazement here is Shu Takada’s winning performance for the OWYYC playing Loop 720s

5 Likes

I’m using my Duncan hornet today :grin: I feel like my consistency is getting better and better :wink:

7 Likes

I know it’s not Tuesday, but could someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I can’t seem to keep the yoyo straight for now than like…4-5 throws in a row.

Made a slow motion video so someone who knows better than me could have a look.

3 Likes

Try tucking your elbows in, which will keep the shoulder out of the movement.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try. Is it a hand only movement that I’m supposed to make then?

1 Like

Mostly wrist, and it should be subtle.

1 Like

You’re allowing your hand to turn to the left and flatten out so that the palm comes uppermost just after the apex of the throw. As @Exmime said, the motion should be subtle – ie, try to flick the yoyo out with just the merest movement of your string finger. I had much the same problem when I started with looping and came to realise that the slightest angle at the hand will affect the balance of the yoyo. This can be used to good effect however, to correct a yoyo that has lost its balance or is leaning too much.

5 Likes

I see what you mean.I’ll give that a try as well. Restricting movement of my arm really helped to the point where I was able to get 30+ loops in Suresh of the usual 5 or 6 this afternoon.

So I imagine this will make a spot of difference as well.

2 Likes

2/22/22… 2A 2today more then any. Happy 2A Fixed Feb 2uesday…

9 Likes

Yes it is 2/2/22 so 2A Tuesday is on Fixed Axle Febuary Style.

Tom Kuhn/ BC Purgatory 1 Dark and Light and Type-10 100% Cotton

10 Likes

2-handed loops have been going great. Alternating inside and outside loops pretty easily now. Still working on more consistent HTF. Anywho, here’s the pic: YYF Loop720 and Throwback Match, both sporting Kitty Regulars.

10 Likes

FYI 2A fans, I’ve been meaning to post this earlier, @NateSutter has been on a learn 2A quest for 2022, follow him on IG for some 2A inspiration and practice ideas.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaSxnVKJAPe/?utm_medium=share_sheet

4 Likes

initiator (c3) is my go to looper. 2a is my second style that i learned just to flex on half of the yoyo community

4 Likes

I know it’s not Tuesday, but I had to post this.
I saw this thread the other day, started reading and watched a couple of videos. Got the itch, and strung these two up with fresh Fist Salud string.
And it Clicked. I finally got it. With the right hand at least.
I was able throw well over 50 loops, inside and outside, alternating some, and not others. And when I finished the string was still perfect tension. So excited. Now to get the other hand.
I did that over a couple more times just to make sure I got it. And Yes.

17 Likes

That’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

Getting a little 2A in, put in some delrin spacers into these Yomega Raiders laced with some 76cm YYF Cottons and they have a nice THP 1999 pace and feel.

Go Raiders!

9 Likes

Red Raiders! Texas Tech!

I need to buy a couple more Red Raiders. :wink:

2 Likes