2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

One axle travelled from a green half to an orange half. Now both orange halfs have an axle and whatever combination I do I always have an orange green half swapšŸ˜†.

6 Likes

I took my broken Loop 720 and used one half of it to do another half swap. It works.
Does anyone else still loop?

6 Likes

You can try to learn how to hop the fence or how to milk the cow. Those loops go straight down, maybe it wonā€™t scare people haha. I canā€™t believe you attempted to do 2A in such tight spaces like in a subwayšŸ¤£ crazy lol

3 Likes

Update from that post 2 years ago i can hop the fence in both hands pretty well, but not at the same time, Iā€™ll even loop in the train (just not in anyoneā€™s direction). My control is much better with practice. I have no fear to throw anything in the train these days, i even play some very basic 5A. Usually in the subway everything is well receivedā€¦ the LIRR is a diffrent story.

@anon14765792 Iā€™ve been following your 2a progress and your an inspiration.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!:blush:

Hey everyone sorry I posted this today on a Wednesday I know itā€™s supposed to be Tuesday :smirk: but I recently ordered two oracles And just started playing 2a not to long ago and man looping is harder than I thought :joy: took me a while to realize that :expressionless::sweat_smile: but I wanted to be a part of this thread and love this communityā€™s creativity. so please bear with me while I ask some questions and thank you all on my progression through 2a thanks :+1:t2::wink:

6 Likes

If that was to complicated to understand let me just abbreviate it for youā€¦
( I started playing 2a for the first time and need lots of practice :sweat_smile::grin:)

4 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m glad to hear you want to learn 2A. And you can post in this thread whenever you want, it doesnā€™t have to be Tuesdays only. Itā€™s called 2A Tuesdays because Exmime challenged himself to focus on looping every Tuesday but I think itā€™s ok to discuss 2A on other days too.

Yeah itā€™s all about the practice, you got this

3 Likes

Thanks Marco !!! thatā€™s very reassuring and I will try my best :grin: as long as I donā€™t go unconscious Iā€™m good :sweat_smile::joy:
And by the way I really enjoy you and everyone elseā€™s videos that you all post they are very innovative and are very cool to watch :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: keep up the good work everyone :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yeah feel free to post in this thread when and what ever about 2A. 2A is hard and a grind and can be frustrating. I myself have fallen off the 2A Tuesday wagon, but Iā€™m glad people are using it as a way to motivate and stay motivated as that was the initial intent. Lots of good links and set up stories here, Iā€™ll probably get my loopers out here after typing. Have fun and YoYo how you like.

6 Likes

Those loopers look so sleek without the print on

1 Like

Hello everyone I was thinking of expanding my horizons when it comes to 2a I currently own two oracles and Iā€™m starting to get the rhythm down so I kinda wanted to try out other looping yo-yos that require less maintenance and donā€™t have to buy spare parts :sweat_smile: I was eyeing on the Duncan hornet and loop 720s which one would you prefer more when it comes down to consistency and performance ??

3 Likes

I love the Hornet, but the Loop720 wins on consistency and performance.

1 Like

I have both the Hornets and the 720s. The 720s are a little faster and more consistent, and thatā€™s probably why they are the currented standard when it comes to 2A.

2 Likes

How does the hornet play in comparison ??
But Iike you said the loop 720s play a little bit better Iā€™ll look into that thanks :+1:t2::wink:

1 Like

There are a lot of set up and reviews in this thread. You can use the Ctrl-F function and search Hornet. The Hornets do play slower which isnā€™t a bad thing when trying to maintain control, they also have a comfortable profile as well and have a more modified shape with the recessed caps.

5 Likes

Thanks Iā€™ll check that out :grin:

1 Like

I got my Loop2020s today and they play so different compared to my Loop720s. They are so responsive and aggressive.

1 Like

Wow that sounds great !!! Iā€™m glad they are working out for you :grin: Maybe one day once I improve my technique then I might check one out too !!!

1 Like

Getting my 2A on, 720s with one Blue and one Red spacer and some fresh 1st Class Kitty Regulars. Milking the Cow and doing a few hundred inside/outside reps to work out that muscle memory

7 Likes