2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Me too! :grinning:

Itā€™s soooo weirdly compelling and satisfying to whirl the yoyo around ā€“ zen-like!

3 Likes

Been a couple weeks, but I do squeeze in some reps here and there and enjoy the grind. I also just put on some fresh 1st Class Kitty Regulars.

8 Likes

This AA performance by Yukihiro Suzuki is heavy

3 Likes

That was insane! I know some donā€™t have IG so i searched on youtube and found a few of Yukihiro Suzuki videos. Truly amazing AA.

5 Likes

Tomorrow is tuesday! Letā€™s get some 2A discussion again. Iā€™ve been practicing 2A and Iā€™m slowly getting into this two handed stuff.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to loop while holding magazines/books under their armpits? I heard the tip from another competitor. Doing this should improve your form, all the movement comes from the hands and wrist and holding an object under your armpits should help isolate this movement.

3 Likes

i havenā€™t yet mostly due to my lack of looping yoyos, BUT iā€™d love to check it out! (def following this thread)

2 Likes

A bit of looping practice from a couple weekends ago. Definitely some improvement. Loop720 left hand and Throwback Match right hand. Caution: language

5 Likes

I saw the video til 19 minutes and it looks like you almost have 2 handed inside loops mastered. Have you tried other looping variations that include tricks like around the world?

1 Like

I donā€™t know about mastered, but thank you. Iā€™ve started adding in different tricks, but it goes downhill pretty quickly. I guess thatā€™s why we practice.

1 Like

Here is a trick that I like to do. Itā€™s very simple. I just throw an around the world and the other yoyo loops. I learned it by having one dead yoyo and then swinging it in an around the world motion and then I tried to loop the other yoyo.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Very impressive left hand!

Yeah Iā€™ve been trying to add ATW into my looping combosā€¦ itā€™s a lightly challenging trick but i donā€™t think itā€™s easy. I also try to vary forward loops with shoot the moon and hop the fence (that maybe 3 leaf cover? ) i donā€™t care which order i get but itā€™s good practice, usually Iā€™m just happy if i get the yoyo back in my hand.

4 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Stoked to see some 2A Tuesday activity. Just went outside and did a few hundred reps. Need to change out my strings on the 720s. Was doing some Warp Drives both left and right, 3 inside loops to 4 ATW, back to 3 IL to 4 ATW like a repeater. Also 100 Inside/Outsides, and some Milk the Cows. I feel like I get a lot of play out of my strings because of my string tension management of alternating flipping loops.

These are definitely some THP (Team High Performance) types of exercises, also laying on your back. I just try and keep my elbows tucked, but Iā€™m also aware on my hand positions and how Iā€™m holding my thumbs and index fingers. Multiple Fence hops, have a grip to them.

5 Likes

Itā€™s not Tuesday, but I got >30 inside loops with my right hand, a new milestone. Sitting at about 10 with my left, but they look really sketchy by comparison. Hoping to get them both up over 50 and to start working on both hands at once soon. Itā€™s exhilarating.

7 Likes

Nice, keep going!

1 Like

Today I learned that if everything feels off a new pair of strings and a freshly cleaned bearing make a huge difference.

3 Likes

@Exmime shared these great tutorials in another thread. I just wanted to share them here again.

I landed three loops of the trick sword and shieldšŸ˜„ if he hadnā€™t shared these tutorials i wouldnā€™t have learned this trick

This trick reminds me of the rotating fire hazards in super mario bros because Iā€™m trying to dodge the yoyo that goes around the world super-mario-bros-7_993495

5 Likes

!! I just landed five loops, new sword and shield record

5 Likes

thatā€™s my thread! :blush:

1 Like