2A Tuesdays ( a Looping Thread)

Still acclimating to the wrist motions for flips, but my loops are looking pretty good. String change today brings us ZipLine Executives on the Ion Cannon and Initiator, and ZipLine/SOCHI Alphaline on the newly-acquired Da Bomb. The Alphalines started off a little stiff but broke in nicely. The Executives seem to start off very soft. The Da Bomb plays just as nostalgia recalls, but comparatively feels like an older throw, if that makes any sense.

3 Likes

I found some of these MYY D1s for $5 at an actual brick and mortar comic shop thanks to National 2A champ @Luke_Renner. Just took them out of the box and used the stock string, these are actually pretty good from my 1st throw impressions. YYF is also doing some Amayzing 2021 looping deals on this 2A Tuesday as well. It maybe 5A May, but there is some time to do some 2A today.

4 Likes

Loving this buttery smooth looper I recently got from @Glenacius_K

13 Likes

Hey all! It’s been a little while since I fell off the 2A wagon. Just dusted off my 720s and going to try to get back at it.

6 Likes

Last month was 5A May, but I’ve been still getting some 2A in. Been playing this MYY D1 pair with 1st Class white regular Kitty and they been surprisingly good. They are a little smaller in diameter compared to 720s and their shape is a little more rounder similar to the profile of some of the Russels. I’m still not the most proficient 2A player, but I am noticing the benefit of practicing and my 1A regens are definitely a lot stronger and more consistent.

9 Likes

This Linda Sengpiel clip should inspire everyone to practice some 2A. Remember its also about having a smile and just enjoying the pure play of Yo-Yo.

8 Likes

Nice. I will def be grabbing the loops once I head home today. The video makes me feel like I should put a tux on while doing so. Lol its so cool.

1 Like

I didn’t like that each half had different logos, so I decided to remove them with some acetone. The acetone made short work of the logos, but also etched a matte texture onto the caps.

Be careful removing logos with acetone on Loop 720s. The plastic (probably polycarbonate or ABS) will melt and deform very quickly depending on how much acetone comes into contact with it. I tried a cotton ball at first, but that carried too much acetone and left some small bumps in one of the halves. Just a few drops on a paper towel with quick circular wipes produced more even results.

3 Likes

I did get some 2A today on Tuesday, and did a few hundred “Hop The Fences” which doesn’t get as much notoriety as inside Loops but is critical if you want to manage string tension and do a lot of the wrap trick variations. Simple tip, with the right hand inside Loops loosen string tension and Hop the Fence tightens string tension and the opposite is true for the left hand. After looping today however I need to do some maintenance and fresh strings on the MYY D1s.

5 Likes

I’ve recently switched to grinding HTF as part of my daily routine. Still only vertical, but I’m getting there. Mind if I ask what you’re stringing those GHz’s up with?

1 Like

I’ve been using regular white Kitty 1st Class, they seem to hold up nicely to looping sessions.

2 Likes

These have been the regulars lately. I can’t believe I waited so long before getting a 720. Oh well. R2FG Ion Cannon and YYF Loop720, both with FS Loop Lites. Grinding out Hop The Fence with some flips to keep it interesting. Switching to HTF also has me practicing Sidewinders and UFOs on the other side to make up for the tension. Anywho, here’s the pic.

[edited to remove surplus “has”]

4 Likes

Oh my ! How did I forget what 2A was!

Had the funky bunch with me today. Lunch break was good, finally starting to smooth out my alternating loops. When doing it, I’m like holy sugar honey iced tea!! I’m doing it. Lol

7 Likes

Need to remember these 2A concepts, I really like the inside / outside Over the Falls. Doing this challenge is a great practice routine.

Nice to see Instagram links working again

7 Likes

Changed strings when I got home and tried this out. Def good practice. I-like-it, A-LOT!!

1 Like

A little 2A practice from today. Caution: language.

8 Likes

7 mins in. I totally know that feeling :grin:. It feels awesome!
Keep looping man

2 Likes

Yeah, the wins are always nice, but the losses are pretty fun too!

2 Likes

The double slip knot has become my go to finger loop for responsive play.

10 Likes

Looping makes my soul feel GRRRRREAT!!

5 Likes