1 Like

Nooooooo!!! I canā€™t find my other 808 D:

3 Loop1080 pairs
2 Loop900 pairs
3 Spingear Fireball pairs
1 Unleashed Pair
1 Raider EX pair [modded by jrodriguez]

welpā€¦ Iā€™m jellyā€¦ (Ā¬_Ā¬)

His mainstyle is 2a though so that makes senseā€¦ If those were 1a throws thatā€™d be average if not less xD

What he said. Iā€™m basically stocking up on a wide variety of 2A pairs in case any of them break :] 1080s are my daily yoyos at the moment though.

1080ā€™s are nice. Iā€™d have a pair instead of 808ā€™s, but it was 1 1080 or 2 808ā€™sā€¦ Kinda the deal breaker :smiley:

Well, you better start saving up for a pair of 1080s. If you could afford $100 1A yoyos, Iā€™m sure you can get a pair of loopers for half the price :stuck_out_tongue:

But all seriousness though, Iā€™m thinking of messing with different string types just to see how it feels. I currently use 50/50 slick and I like the feel. But Iā€™ve heard good things about 100% polyester too, so Iā€™mā€™ curiousā€¦

Itā€™s funny, Iā€™ve only accumulated the funds for a mighty flea. My only +$100 for 1A is a ILYY x OD Sakura, and it was a gift. But I will most certainly save for some 1080s now that one of my 808s is lost XP

I mean, Iā€™ll get there eventually :slight_smile:

I just realized that the loopers that are designated for my left hand have a tendency to loosen or even come apart. I donā€™t know if itā€™s my loops or the yoyo, but itā€™s kinda bugging me. Iā€™ve already put plumberā€™s tape on the axles so it doesnā€™t come apart all at once.

I donā€™t know why itā€™s only happening on my left hand loopers too.

Am I catching the yoyo incorrectly? Or what am I doing wrong. Hmm.

Honestly canā€™t say. Maybe something to do with the direction of spin and regeneration and all that technical stuff.

I know when doing a lot of loops the string unwinds (reversed from right handed loops where the string will tighten)

But it actually falling apart is odd. It could have something to do with pinching more with the ring finger when you let go. I guess if it has enough grip it could do a little tug. Then a little more, until it comes apart all together. Put thatā€™s an ā€˜out-thereā€™ theory, because axles shouldnā€™t come apart with something as little as your ring finger tugging on itā€¦ :-\

I have a feeling now that I catch the yoyo only one one side so one side could be stopped spinning but thereā€™s still enough force for the other half to loosen up even just a bit. I donā€™t know if that makes senseā€¦

Either way Iā€™ll have to work on catching my yoyo correctly on my left hand so it feels natural.

Ok, maintenance problem here. My raider is getting really squeakyā€¦the only way I could put it. Squeaky. When I try to throw it hard down, it comes right back up. The only way I can get it to sleep is to throw a forward Around the World. And it squeaks when I do that. A LOT. Help?

Maybe a bearing problem? I canā€™t visualize what you meanā€¦ Probably a video would help if possible. 'Cause I donā€™t know what you mean by it squeakingā€¦

Have you also checked the string tension? Too tight of a tension gives the yoyo more to grab that itā€™ll just go back to your hand.

It goes on and off. Kinda like a one drop ten ball bearing being loud and then quiet, if you have one. By squeaking I mean a really high pitched sound when sleeping. Thatā€™s the best I can describe it as. Just think of an animal squeaking, and there you go.

Bought some thick lube, hopefully my loopers will perform like they used to again.

Hmmā€¦thatā€™s odd. That could be the bearing. Try cleaning them the usual bearing-cleaning technique and put on some lube. I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening, but heyā€¦at least itā€™s something!

@tschneider, let us know how the loopers feel when you finally put some lube in.
Speaking of which, I donā€™t remember if youā€™ve posted on this thread beforeā€¦but what loopers do you use?

Iā€™ll try adding some lube.