2A Discussion Thread

These. My loops were also lagging at the end of the string today. Popped it open, applied a touch of YYJ thick lube, screwed it back together. Double looped the string as usual, and now it loops great again. 2A yoyos burn through lube really fast, I think. I have to apply lube at least twice a week, if I loop every day.

Also, I basically just gave you my Raider setup.

Should i get a loop 360 or 808?

The 360 is bad. 808 is amazing

Just hit 24 inside loops with my righty last night! Also attempted 2A using an xp brain I have. Did NOT work well.

All in all, I need to work on my left hand nowā€¦

Iā€™m a little late to this party, but Iā€™ve been doing 2a for as long as I can remember. I got my first yoyo when I was 4, it was a cheap $1 yoyo. I never really got serious about 2a until maybe 5 years ago. I stopped yoyoing for about 3 years, then decided to get back into it after I saw some amazing 2a videos. Got myself two Unleashed and just went with it. Once again I stopped yoyoing because stupid me tied the wrong slip knot and it hurt to do 2a. Got into 1a and 5a for almost a year now. Picked up 2a again about 2 weeks ago. Retied the correct slip knot and now Iā€™m able to do something around 10 loops per hand alternating at the same time. I can do hop the fence with both hands, though not at the same time.

TL;DR: I quit a lot, but now Iā€™m back.

My loops arenā€™t straight and after maybe 5 in a row they start to twist. Anybody know how to fix this?

Probably practice is the only solution. Maybe try shorter string, my string goes up to my pocket.

Welcome back! Always good to see people going back to yoyoing :]
As for loops, they are not supposed to be straight; it needs to be in a slight angleā€¦ around 1oā€™clock kinda tilt. [11oā€™clock for left hand]
Only practice good loops. If you mess up, stop and restart. Practice only good loops. It will help in the long run.

Yeah, get shorter string that goes up to your pocket. Thatā€™s the ideal length for most.

Iā€™m 4ā€™9" so the string is short and its up to my pocket. My loops arenā€™t just not straight, the sides are facing. So every time I do loops the words Unleashed are facing me. Itā€™s so annoying cause sometimes the yoyo isnā€™t flipping, but its straight.

OH, you mean that. still, practice. As kuyachristian said, only loop on good loops. If the yoyo starts going like that, stop.

I too have the issue where they turn themselves sideways. I can get two or three good loops and then it gets bad. I donā€™t understand how to correct that. What do you guys do (wrist-wise). I thought maybe kind of flinging it in the opposite direction a bit would help, but I donā€™t know

I have that happen. When it does, I just bring the yoyo back, ensure itā€™s oriented right and then re-throw it. I think itā€™s due to doing the wrist or finger motion poorly. Just keep practicing, it will either stop happening or stop happening as much.

Again, Iā€™m just going to have to say practice. Eventually you get a feel for it. You know exactly at what point to flick your wrist, with how much power, etc.

Finally got it! They donā€™t turn sideways as much anymore but when they do I just correct it and itā€™s back to normal. Only problem now is to get both left and right to do alternating loops :-.

As tempting as it is, for right now since you guys are just starting outā€¦ donā€™t focus on correcting the tilt or correcting your own loops. Just practice good loops so you will get used to seeing/feeling good loops that correcting your loops will be unnecessary.

By time you will also get the feel and you will be able to time your loops properly.
Also, make sure the yoyos are lubed up and your stringā€™s not bad. Sometimes that gives you a good or bad loop.

I just started two handed looping recently, but Iā€™ve been right handed looping since 3rd grade. Thatā€™s 7 years ago. Albeit Iā€™m still not that good at it, I somewhat understand how the yoyo works and the feel of it.

Anything body else think we should show off our looping set?

http://imgur.com/IsWLNUA

i got a pair of loop 1080s and 2 pairs of loop 900ā€™s back at my parentā€™s place, but this is what i got on me

Super jelly. Especially of those raiders (I love raiders).

Are those EXs?

They are hyper raiders as it says on the yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

What kind of string are you using?