2A Discussion Thread

Hey,
I would like to get into 2A, so i started looping with 1 hand 2 days or so ago, i think i got them down “ok” right now, gonna keep working on it until its consistent.

but i wanted to ask if anyone had any tips on how to learn with the offhand, its really intimedating to start with my left hand, it just feels so wrong :wink: maybe someone has some advice, would be very grateful
thanks! :wink:

I suggest you work on your dominant hand loops first until you’re comfortable with it. For the most part your non-dominant hand will pretty much mimic the motions from the dominant hand and it will help learning 2A.

Practice only good loops. Spend lots of time, don’t hesitate on constant maintenance, and have fun. :]

I’ve posted in here maybe once or twice, I’m trying to get better at 2A. I use 808s or Fireballs, but I actually prefer the 808s. I’m considering getting 1080s or Hornets. I had the chance to try a pair of Hornets and they are amazing.

I have a question about string; What do you guys prefer for string length/type/branding for looping? I am about to order around 2 pairs (one for learning, one is 1080s/Hornets, whichever one is in stock!), and I was wondering what you guy’s thoughts were for string.

I twist my own cotton, so that I can make it to my own specifications and preferences.

so you use 100% cotton? or 50/50?

100%

I started out with 50/50 string YYE offers. I’m about to run out, however, so I need to make a few orders. I’m thinking of getting myself 100% poly (green) from YYE and another bundle of 50/50 just to see the differences in feel.

I already bought some Kitty String, though for now that’s mainly for 1A use, I’m gonna allot a few strings just to try how it feels too.

Just like all of us, string preference differs too. I recall Shu Takada prefers 50/50 while Patrick Mitchell prefers 100% poly.

@tschneider, Do you have a pair of those Fireballs? O: You probably know this but keep those FBs because they set the standards of an excellent 2A yoyo.

Umm…a little offtopic for a bit, but why is half of that post I just made green? I don’t think I made any remarks that would need a moderator to fix it up for me.

Nevermind. I just figured it out. I have a tendency to use brackets instead of parentheses and so when I posted the color (green) in brackets, it just changed all the colors in green. Oh man, I’m stupid.

Oh well. Back to practicing for 2 hours.

My Fireballs are unmodded, so they kinda stink for looping, but they are great for responsive play.

Been looping a while now. I can get 50+ insides on a good start.

I don’t do outside loops really so I don’t know how many.

About 5 with both hands, inside loops…

That’s why when you’re ready, you can mod those Fireballs [using the Raider mod] or have someone do it for you and it’ll be a beast.

@Bcmaddog
Keep it up!!

Anyone from Southern California heading to BLC this Saturday? I wanna meet a few 2A players there too.

Nope! Sorry!

Maybe Virginia and Tennessee states. I’m on the east.

Do you guys deshield the tiny bearings that yoyos like the loop900 and unleashed come with before lubing them, or is it fine to just apply the lube right on the bearing? I feel like its not worth deshielding them lol, but I want to make sure they stay responsive. And what do you recommend as far as how much to use? (A drop of thick? A drop of thick and thin? Etc.)
Thanks, it’s the first time I’ve ever ordered lube for any yoyo so I want to do it right, even though it probably all comes down to preference.

Personally I don’t deshield my bearings [even on my 1A yoyos] just because I don’t see the need for it. Also, I don’t know how to deshield bearings haha.
But I know Toshiaki Onuma, Team YoYoJam member, prefers to take out the shields off his Unleashed bearings. But for me, I just do the usual washing and lubing even with shields on. It still works well for me.

Did you buy both thick and thin lube? If so, you should be fine.

Yes I did buy both. Is there a recommended amount of each that would be good to start with?

It’s up to you. I’ve been saying this throughout the whole thread, but 2A is purely based on your preferences.
If you’re just starting out with loops and stuff, I recommend simply putting a couple drops of thick lube. Make sure to do it every single day or at least every other day to keep the yoyos play its best.
And it will use a lot of your string. :]

just got home here are my 2a stuff
http://imgur.com/4RqFNKM

FOUND MY OTHER 808!!! Yay!!! it was in a bookbag! must’ve been lodged in there, outta sight :smiley: