2A Discussion Thread

Right now I’m going back to the basics. Only doing loops with my dominant hand first until I master it. I think someone told me that it’s better to master one hand first because the non-dominant hand will just follow and mimic what the other hand is doing. Makes learning faster and more efficient.

I bought myself a pair of Loop1080s the second YYE had restocks. Can’t wait to get those at my hands. I wanted to buy 2-3 pairs but I have no funds for extra pairs so I’ll have to wait for next month’s pay for those. Oh well, one pair will do for now. At least I’ll be able to judge if 1080’s are pretty sweet.

Oh, I read a thread about Duncan looking for 2A players into the Duncan Crew. If anyone is any proficient in 2A and they like the Hornet, it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try.
https://www.yo-yo.com/index.php/site/hornet_team

its over

Yeah, I realized when I posted it but I was already tired and sleepy that I was like “blah, whatever” and didn’t even edit it.

Makes me wonder if anyone even applied.

I’m only good at 1 handed looping.

I’ve had to tape up my fingers, it hurts too much too loop, lol.

Just traded off my Shaqler 900’s…

Getting sme loopers soon… The plan… Work on right handed loops constantly ntil i can do 50 on average. Then start doing left handed loops until I can do 30 on average. Then i start workingon two handed loops and go from there…

good plan. I also suggest testing and expanding your ambidextrous skills, by writing the alphabet with your left hand multiple times, and throwing a ball with your left hand.

Not necessary. It wont make you any better. What your suggesting is to train his motor skills. There isn’t much intricacy involved with looping a yoyo. You just have to practice a single movement.

Yea… And anyways what im thinking is if i get really good at right hand loops, left hand loops will be easier to handle then trying to learn both at the same pace.

it helped me a lot. Practicing writing and stuff with my left got me familiar with the way it feels to use my left hand. Also to be able to loop for long periods takes a lot of little movements. When your looping and it goes off kilter you need to bring it back. Making multiple slight curves and twists in your wrist will help you know what works best, for the longest period of time. And besides the yoyo pluses it helps discipline, forcing yourself to do something that feels weird or unnatural repetitively is big accomplishment. As well as very hard. I’m not saying you must become ambidextrous I’m just saying it helped me, it certainly is possible to loop and not be able to write your abc’s with you left.

It’s almost like 2 years of my 2a journey and you know what, someone who said that 2a is not for everyone is probably true. I can do hop the fence consistently, but never the loops. I’m still trying to figure it out how to keep the yoyo tilting in the correct direction. Bad news I’m used to both correct and the inverted tilting direction already, and I can’t seem to just use the proper one even until now. However when I do loop wraps my loops are proper and all :confused:
Well 2a is probably not for everyone, but I wanna keep practicing anyway… I still have faith that if I work hard enough, I’ll be good at it eventually.

I finally got my Loop1080s at the mail, immediately put stickers on one to tell apart which one goes on the right or left, did a bit of maintenance and gap adjustments and all that good stuff.
Pretty satisfied with the amazing play I couldn’t put it down even when my fingers were telling me to stop.

Speaking of which, it seems like my right hand has finally got the hang of inside hop the fences. Gonna be working on polishing it up more and then move to my right hand for the same exact trick.
Two handed inside loops are going super well and I’m super proud.

Time to retire my Loop900s which are about to break.

I have a Loop 900 and an Unleashed and I’ve gotten much better at doing inside loops with each hand. But when I try to do two-handed inside loops at the same time with these yoyos, I can’t do it at all, since the lighter Loop 900 zips back to my hand much quicker than the heavier Unleashed. So my question to all of you 2A players is can you loop with two different yoyos, or is it much easier with a pair of the same? And will I just get better at multitasking when I’m doing two-handed looping eventually (I can’t focus on looping both correctly at the same time, just one or the other).

My guess is that consistency is the best bet. Matching yoyos, set up the same(lube and response wear if uses a pad), with same type strings about as close to the same as you can manage it.

However, that’s not the “law”. The rule is generally that of preferences, like anything else. If you do better with mis-matched yoyos, then far be it from me or anyone else to say “no”.

For styles such as 2A and 3A, identical yoyos is highly recommended.

Now, for my un-related yet related input:

The Thursday after BAC, I had a medical routine done. Nothing to worry about so don’t even ask me about it, as I’m not sharing the exact nature of it. Anyhow, it requires a few days of rest, and in my case, a few more due to the nature of my work. Since Tuesday, I’ve been pushing myself and walking the kids to school, rather than inline skate as I normally do as they ride their bikes.

While walking TO and BACK from the school, I’ve been working on 2 handed looping, 1 hand at a time. 5 loops right, 5 loops left, 2 right, 2 left, stuff like that. Whatever the right does, try to do that with the left. I’m finding that by walking and throwing, I’m forced to remove a bit of concentration away from the yoyo because my brain has to operate my legs too. I’m finding I’m starting to really get the feel element down on the right hand. The left hand I am getting the mechanics of, but the consistency isn’t quite there yet.

Once I get to the school, while either waiting for the teachers to bring them in or set them free, I switch to 1A, since its about the only time I get these days.

Overall, it’s been quite productive and beneficial and I feel that I’ve made progress on a style I’ve been neglecting. I’m not 100% pleased, but I’m progressing and I’m happy with that. Considering the walk takes me around 7 minutes each way, that’s 28 minutes to a half hour a day of working on this, which for me is quite sufficient.

1 Like

Just got my first set of loopers, how do you guys recommend lubing them? Deshield, clean, lube? Don’t deshield, don’t clean, and lube? Also, how much lube should I put in? I feel like such a noob :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got two Loop 360s and starting now! I can do inside loops, outside loops and inside-outside with both hands, but not at the same time.

For now, don’t worry about cleaning them. You can if you want, I won’t say no. I would though as I like to establish a starting point I am in control of.

Start with 1 drop of your favorite thick lube. Try that for a bit(say, an HOUR). Not responsive enough? Add another drop of thick lube. Too much? Add a drop of thin lube.

2A is harder at all levels. String plays a big favor. Gap plays a big factor. Bearing size plays a big factor. Response systems play a big factor. Weight can play a big factor. Having skills plays a big factor. Certain things are determined for you buy the purchase: bearing size, response, weight, maybe the gap.

Don’t be afraid to experiment.

Well I talked to my bro Josh and he said 2 drops thin and 1 drop thick. So I did that and its a lot better than it was before. For string I’m using some bulk poly I got in a trade (I have slick 6 coming). They are Loop 720s, which have the string on string response. It’ll be interesting to compare them to the other sets I have coming (900s, Unleasheds, Puleses). As for right now, I am working on my inside loops. My record is 4 on my left and 3 on my right :slight_smile:

how much better is the loop 1080s compared to the unleasheds i do have a pair of unleasheds but i am not sure if i want to buy a pair of loop1080s.