25+ Yo-Yo Lottery/Group Trade Opportunity

You have 8 over at YYN, so reciprocity is granted for you to get credit for a total of 31 feedback. You’re in.

A few updates, I need some thoughts on this:

1. You may have seen a few names come and go from the list. If there are feedback issues to be worked out, we’ll have to explore that the day prior to the list of participants closing. Everyone has been honest about the circumstances, so we’ll bring it to a vote later. But, the vote must be unanimous. That being said, we are talking about a neutral, not a negative.

2. In a few other instances, we have people interested, but they are trying to find a throw in the specified condition. There have been a few exchanges lately, so collections have been filtered out to a degree. So, we’ll wait a few days and see what happens. I want to set the low bar at near mint for a few reasons. While this is a lottery and involves the luck of the draw, we don’t want anyone, even the person with the least of options to get something that looks or plays like crap. So, while this idea is still new, we don’t want to create a situation where anyone ends up really sore at the end of the day. We want to have some fun with the issue of this being random, as it provides options, and we’ll all be holding our breath while people pick and choose until the list is exhausted. That will be the fun of this.

3. A third issue is that there is potential for people to offer the same exact make and model yo-yo as other people are offering. Please review the list of potential yo-yos in the first post, and try to offer something different than what you see. Two of the same yo-yo is cool, because there are color options, but 3 or more is a bit too much. Let’s try to consider variety of options when we select an appropriate throw for this. You can offer what you want, but please try to keep that in mind. This is more fun for everyone, if there is variety. I set the value at minimum $80. If you have a throw between $80-$90, that is in at least near mint condition…it is perfect for this. You can offer a more expensive throw if you like. That means a 54, YFactor, Genesis, Supernova, Catalyst, Burnside, are all perfect for this. Those are just some examples, but the options are endless.

4. If you plan to list a throw with any cosmetic flaws whatsoever, please post a photo in this thread so it can be observed. This is one big B/S/T deal, so please post photos of any cosmetic flaws whatsoever. If there is a vibe issue, just be descriptive about the extent of it, as you see has been done in one instance. Slight vibe on a mint looking throw is okay, as long as it is described up front…but any excessive vibe is not appropriate for this. The damage must appear to be “near mint.” I chose people with 25+ feedback because you all know what that means, and what is expected. Just remember that if it is not as you state, you must answer to the person who will be giving you feedback on the other end of this. As long as we treat people how we want to be treated in a BST deal, everything will go smoothly.

5. I contacted several mods about viewing or administering this process on webcam. Due to lack of computer capabilities, work schedules, or personal obligations, they are not available on the date/time specified. I will need at least one other person from the list to view the process. It looks like I will be administering this thing. In light of that, there are a few options. I can pull out of participating to focus solely on administering this. But, it’s one more slot to fill. I will leave that up to you guys who are participating to decide. I have a Yelets in there, and someone else has one available, so it’s no great loss to you guys really. It might be best that I focus on administering this instead of acting as a participant. I’d rather see you guys have fun instead. If I pull out, I should pull out now…because we need to know if there is an extra slot open. I’d rather see this end up a lot of fun and a success, than worry about any appearance of impropriety. Actually, I won’t even ask what you think about it…I’m going to opt out of this round.

Share your thoughts…I want to hear any questions or concerns up to this point. If you know some people who have a BST with an $80 or more throw that is in at least near mint condition, let them know of the opportunity here. If we don’t get enough people that this will be fun, we might wait a month, let collections replenish and try this again to fill 20 slots.

I’m going to be offering up a near mint BreakbeatYo Lover! Ill be putting a picture up today some time. Will also come with FHZ caps just in case you want those extra few grams.

So thanks to TotalArtist’s post above, I should point out for the sake of completeness that the Outlet Eternity I’m putting up has vibe, which is why its an Outlet model. However, this doesn’t effect play, and this thing is a beast :slight_smile:

On a different note, speaking for myself I have no problem with TotalArtist being involved in the lottery. If I had a problem with how this was being run I wouldn’t have entered. I also massively respect what TotalArtist brings to this forum, and trust that this will be done the right way. I suspect others will feel the same way, but I do not seek to speak for them, suffice to say I think that this will turn out fine.

I did not know that i was paid, so i did not ship.

Yes, I know things worked out in the end. But, this may fall flat in any case if it does not get more participation. Now that I’ve pulled out to administer things, we’re down to about 8 people. Even if we vote others in, the slots will only be half full. Not an ideal situation. We’ll see how the next few days goes. But, worst case scenario, we can postpone this idea another few months when people have some throws to put up.

I appreciate the comments slowyojoe, but I think it’s best that someone not directly involved administer this. Even if someone watched it live, if I pulled my name for the #10 slot, it wouldn’t ever look right, so it’s best this way.

If we postpone this for a later date, how far in the future should we attempt again?

I’ve decided not to do this, I have someone interested in the yoyo. Very cool idea though!

Thanks for your support modman. I’m glad you found a more suitable situation.

Bump. We need more participants!

Word, Ive tried almost all of these throws, haha

Yeah, I already gave Bigyoyo, Proboscis, and Dingo a heads up in PMs that this might be postponed. Even those who want in, do not have a suitable throw to put up. No one wants a yo-yo with a lot of damage/excess vibe (I know I don’t), so this might work better at the end of the Summer when collections have expanded a bit. Due to recent exchanges, a lot of good throws already changed hands. We will give it a few more days to see if things change. But, if they don’t let me know when you guys want to give it another go.

I am in for this when it happens, fo sho.

I figured people might want to know that my throw is raw and polished in the cups, not the whole throw. If any of you remember YoYoSpirit’s profile pic from a couple months ago with that shiny yoyo, this is that shiny yoyo. Because it is raw it does have raw marks. I know some people might be upset if they were expecting a completely polished yoyo, so I am putting this out there now

I think this thing is postponed until July :cry:

Thats only 70$

I don’t think we have the right throws for this now. There were almost 3 Yelets in the bunch too. We’re better off waiting for a lot of reasons. Definitely enough participants, and not the right throws either. I don’t want the idea to fail, because we tried it at the wrong time. It’s a shame, but we can always try again. :slight_smile:

If I may, I’d suggest when you end up doing this make the rules state that the yo-yo must be mint. Thrown is fine but no blemishes. That takes the guess work out of value and prevents someone from essentially offering a marked up yo-yo in the hopes of maybe getting a mint one.

That’s an excellent idea!

I almost offered my yelets too…haha. Oops. I think we should postpone it :confused:

Definitely, we should set it for late July so I can offer something other than a yelets.