2023 Aluminum Butterfly

I totally agree with the weight being off without the caps. I put my caps back on after a couple throws with them off.
The yo-yo doesn’t feel like a Butterfly without the caps.

7 Likes

Finally got the stickers on my purple one. It makes a wonderful yoyo wonderfuller!!

16 Likes

Have to say, I like the basic black sticker a lot more than I thought I would. Looks pretty great.

3 Likes

In my opinion the pink and green are the only colors that go good with the psychedelic sticker. But to be fair thats all I’ve ever seen.

13 Likes

How is everyone liking the weight on these?

1 Like

I prefer it without the caps. It knocks off around 10g. That and some grease on the bearing made it a great 0A machine for me. I think setup is going to depend on the individual though

3 Likes

Specs are just specs. But for the size I think the capless weight is likely great. But I want the caps in haha

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what did you do with the other half-swapped pair?

I traded halves with @Eric_Newlin

1 Like

I really like that half swap color combo. I especially like the look (and the weight) with the caps off.

If anyone else would be interested in going in on an aqua/green half-swap, I’d be up for it. I can either get the color you don’t have and we can trade halves, or I am willing to get both and send one of the half-swaps to you.

1 Like

Looks like they are starting to run out of colors. They are out of blue butterflies as well as blue and red imperials. I love the retro engraving on the imperial.

What kind of strings are yall running? I have been experimenting around and right now I’m really happy with YSL Ammo.

4 Likes

YYE Type 10 Cotton

1 Like

It looks like if someone shows a little initiative there are some new butterfly colors available.

1 Like

YSL Venom, Same as all my throws but fits the gap in the butterfly well.

3 Likes

Bumping this thread for YYE inventory and other retailers. Three new colors for the aluminum butterfly.

@AndreBoulay checking with Andre for the release date along with Aluminum Imperials too. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Definitely will be online this week. Aiming for Tuesday!

5 Likes

Can you tell us what the new colors are?

2 Likes

Unless I’m mistaken they will be black, silver and gun metal gray.

1 Like

Any word on these showing up here? I want the dark blue, but I can’t find them on YYE yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for checking!

Yes - sorry for the delay but we do have these launching tomorrow along with the metal imperials and the new CLEAR Freehand One (and white too). Plus the unknown edition FH special edition caps!

13 Likes