2023 Aluminum Butterfly

Embrace the heavy!

16 Likes

Gap might be too narrow for fun unresponsive play without some shims, its only 3.3mm wide

3 Likes

Sucked the caps off, here is a look under the hood, 50 grams without. However they are also 50mm which means they are just bigger than the 48mm Freehand caps.

@bjardin Throw Duncan!

25 Likes

The inside looks so good wow

10 Likes

That looks like the suction cup from the JPL Loop Ups which I have, but canā€™t suck the caps off for the life of me. Did you do anything else or did you just use the suction cup? @Exmime

3 Likes

Cool, i definately prefer lighter, 50-55 grams. Not that it was incapable at 60+.

5 Likes

I just used the JPL suction cup. It was a little cooler as my room is around 67F and I pulled straight up not from the sides.

3 Likes

It looks great capless

6 Likes

I have nothing of value to add to this thread currently, but I still feel inclined to comment on how nice these look capless lol. The 50g weight is also a lot more appealingā€¦ I feel like I need oneā€¦

8 Likes

It looks so much better without the caps its insane lol

9 Likes

My caps are coming off tonight! Looks so nice under there!

How do you like the play without caps?

5 Likes

Finally got it to work. At first the suction cup wasnā€™t sucking enough so I added a gloss sticker on top. This gave it a better surface to suck to and came right off.

13 Likes

Looks like a CLYW throw without the caps.

7 Likes

what kind of suction cup are you guys using? Mine keeps popping off even with a glossy tape surface (stuck much better than the normal surface)

3 Likes

Maybe try putting it in the fridge to cool it down for a few minutes. It was easier when it was colder, and pull up from the top not from the sides. Using the Japan Looping suction cup

3 Likes

thank you, iā€™ll give that a shot

2 Likes

Kind of in-between a Weekender and a Day Tripper but with a blast. It helps with the kick back on moons and the Duncan Small pad has a different grip so Iā€™m using less angle as well. Smooth and stable though :ok_hand:, oh yeah and Talon Starts

7 Likes

the kickback on moonshoots was literally my only complaint with this yoyo so that makes me happy to hear

3 Likes

unsuccessful so far, i get really good suction but it doesnt pop out. i think i need a different suction cup (one with a ring to grip lol)

3 Likes

I guess I need a purchase source as well. Both the Butterfly and the Imperial look very interesting.

Thank you, Jeff

1 Like